Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

What if everyone on Earth were to vanish?

I'd probably move into a mansion since it would be easy to insulate it most likely. Then I'd be all about collecting jet skis and vettes and sheep. It would be good fun. Also, I'd get a power generator and pretty much have a lifetime supply of gasoline.

I'd steal a gas truck then refill it at gas stations starting far away. I would most likely never run out of it.

No cable/tv broadcast's. watch dvd's listen to cd's i guess. no internet, play a lot of sp. i think i would head to redmond wa. and check out how the other half lived. maybe even take up residence there until i got bored.

first thing I would do is party, thank whatever god took away all the morons in the world, and pass out. the next day I would cleanse myself of all that I was before and begin a new life. I would take only the things I need, ie: clothing for all seasons, non-perishable food, a pistol, a rifle, a letherman multi-tool, a game dressing kit, basic tools, fuel, and some art supplies and books (so I have something to do besides go crazy).

I would pack these all in either a van or a vehicle with good off-road capabilties and travel north america. I would scavenge where I could, hunt when I need to, take advantage of the now vacant shelters or if needed use my vehicle. I would learn as much as I could about the ecosystems I'm in so that I could live off the land if needed. I'll learn as much as I could about everything that ever was come to think about it. why not? all the while I'd be drawing, painting, and writing about my experience on the off chance that any new race or extra-terrestrial beings find my stuff.

I would think that I would, at some point years later, get bored of traveling and settle down somewhere. most likely near a wooded region. I probably wouldn't take a house over. I think I'd try to build my own house. I'd also run out of certain things, like fuel, manufactured food, and ammo. from that point I would live off the land entirely. by this point I should have learned enough to survive that way.

this is all hinging on the fact that I don't accidently kill my self through major dolt-ness.

Vile said:

Be thankful that I don't need glasses...

LMAO. poor penguin with all those books and no way to read them. actually the first time I saw that I was 10yo and I cried because I was really freaked out about nuclear holocaust and could picture that being me.

baronofhell said:
Must be an inside joke, cause I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.(in reference to that glasses joke)

It's not really fair to leave you out on an inside joke.

It's not fair... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!

Psyonisis said:

If I were the last person on earth I would strip naked and run down a downtown street screaming my head off.

Not much point if there's nobody for to gawk at you

The SuperFly said:

I'd finally be able to finish my backlog of PC games.

Heh. Is your brother's name Nathaniel?

Well I could ramble on about the Rapture and being left behind and all that, but I'm not going to.

Instead, I draw your attention to an episode of The Twilight Zone. There's this bank employee, who always liked to sneak down into the vault to secretly read his books (no, not those kinds...) during his lunch break, much too his boss's distain. Well, one day...the Soviets attacked and nuclear holocaust ensued. It seems though that the bank employee was safe in the shieled (lead I guess) bank vault. So, he wanders around the destroyed town, after awhile figures out what's going on, get's supplies...yet still puts money in the register...and then finds the library. Well he's in hog heaven then, what with his love of books. Then, just as he gets done organizing them all, he sits down to read...and his glasses fall off and break. So now he's doomed to go insane being the last person on Earth. Irony sucks eh?

Anyone else remember that episode?

Heh, so that's where they got the Family Guy joke from.

You know...the one where Peter gets completely tanked and wins a piano competition piss drunk...

Would it still be possible to get gas from gas stations? I mean, I'm pretty sure it'd take a credit card or cash...Though you could probably find a way to get it right from the ground tanks. Then again, I just woke up, and I don't know terribly much about gas stationology, so I'm most likely talking out of my ass at the moment. =^D

To all the farmers :P

What would be the point in living without other people? Your life is pointless since you cannot pass on your genes, unless you are a geneticist and can complete the work before the power fails. All I can think of is doing all the things you've always wanted to do before you kill yourself. Are you trying to prove something in surviving? To who?

udderdude said:

"Oh no! Poor Promotheus!"
"That's Prometheus!"

If I was the last man on Earth .. I'd, uh, I dunno. Go crazy? :P

You post at Doomworld. Are you sure you're not ALREADY crazy? =^P

I would probably pine alot for a while. Then I would find the nearest zoo, open all the cages and start a battle royale.

chilvence said:

I would probably pine alot for a while. Then I would find the nearest zoo, open all the cages and start a battle royale.

A game of Mortal Wombat? =^D

First thing I'd do is rob the Ferrari dealership. When I finally get bored of abusing ridiculously expensive Italian exoticars, I'd drink till I shit out my own liver and die.

The power would soon be off, no fuel pumps working at the petrol station, all non tinned food spoiled, no tv, no pc, no dvd's, lights or heating. Sounds crass to me.

KwadDamyj said:

Would it still be possible to get gas from gas stations? I mean, I'm pretty sure it'd take a credit card or cash...Though you could probably find a way to get it right from the ground tanks. Then again, I just woke up, and I don't know terribly much about gas stationology, so I'm most likely talking out of my ass at the moment. =^D

Eh just walk inside and make the cash register unlock the pump; even works on those pay at pump ones, why you think they say pay inside after 10 PM?

Kenny McCormick said:

Anyone else remember that episode?

that would be the reference vile made in his post that I commended him on and baronofhell asked about. burgess meredith, know to most people as the penguin in the adam west batman series, made a stellar perfomance as that literate lovable loser. the episode name is "time enough at last". it is considered to be one of the best episodes of the twilight zone. I was lucky enough to catch it on the sci-fi channel a couple of months ago. funny thing is the 46th anniversary of it's first airing is on sunday, six days from now.

Janderson said:

No More! Please! We aren't worthy!

Am I missing a reference here, or is that just your reaction to the torment of your PUN-ishment? =^D

KwadDamyj said:

Am I missing a reference here, or is that just your reaction to the torment of your PUN-ishment? =^D

:(

/dies