Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Most satanic looking wads/mods

Part of the appeal of Doom for me is the demonic imagery present in the first two games; whether it was the enemies, the occassional inverted crosses, the pentagrams, the decor, etc., it was compelling to literally be traveling through the depths of hell. What mods or wads have you played that had a lot of satanic imagery in them, whether it be sprites, level design, textures, or whatever? Wads/mods with new graphics would be the most preferred.

Having a hard time coming up with a wad that seems like it REALLY goes overboard with the satanic themes. I would regard Alien Vendetta's map30 as making good use of the evil decor, though. The elaborate pentagram at the start, lava, skulls, impaled bodied, wall symbols, fire red sky... it's got it all. There's also good sound meddling there... the creepy ambient music, the strange wailing heard before entering the teleporter, and the deepening of the boss' voice.

Just a quick stroll through purely evil surroundings.

The last map of Zen Dynamics is rather sinister in a unique way.

And the last map of titan.wad is OMGWTFBBQ.

There's also a level Kaiser made for Doom64: Absolution that took place in platforms hovering in a red void, with lots of gore and stuff hanging from hooks in the start area and bodies/lanterns hanging from pillars floating out in the distance.

At least Inferno (inf-lutz.zip), Crusades (crusades.zip), Deus Vult (dv.zip).

Craigs said:

Momento Memoire.

Is this some wad I've never heard of, or a gross typo for Memento Mori?

-_DLD_- said:

Is this some wad I've never heard of, or a gross typo for Memento Mori?

I'd imagine it's a typo. In any case, I'd agree - MM is very satanic, right down to the fact that the starting room for Map01 has a gigantic bloody pentagram in the floor.