Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallis

doom monster hand to hand

is you had to go hand to hand against any doom monster excluding zombie(too easy), who would you fight. I'd take lost souls, just stand by a wall waiting for them to charge, then move out the way and BAM they slam into the wall and explode. If only you could do that in Doom.

Imps, because they are bipedal and more humanoid than most of the Doom monsters, therefore, some similar tricks would work on them, like kicking their knee into a broken mess then stomping the back of their neck until their spine breaks ^_^

Cyberdemon.

"Ooh, here it comes! Here comes the night train! Choo choo cha boogie!" *promptly shot in face*

...what, you didn't say I had to win. :)

I'd enjoy taking on an Imp - I guess that, physically, I'm about evenly matched with one (outside of the claws and fireballs).

Oh, who am I kidding, I'd probably get my butt handed to me by an unarmed zombie.

wallis said:

any doom monster excluding zombie(too easy)

Wtf? Too easy? Getting THAT close to any shotgun or chaingun zombie means you'll get torn to shreds. Not to mention that I've never seen a zombie by its very lonesome in any .WAD.

I think the Arachnotron or Spider Mastermind would be the easiest to take in a fistfight, provided you could jump on top of them before you were blown to bits by their armament.

A barrel I always do that when im bored, punch those barrels to bits.
Well it doesn't really count so ill pick the imp, they are more my size.

On second thoughts, the Pain Elemental. I'm sure there are already more than 20 lost souls in the universe, so it would be defenceless.

Grazza said:

more than 20 lost souls

Forgive the newbishness in this instance, but is that the spawn limit for each Pain Elemental? I never knew there was one.

-_DLD_- said:
Forgive the newbishness in this instance, but is that the spawn limit for each Pain Elemental?

No; if there are 21 Lost Souls on the map, no more will be spewed (until some die.) This limit was lifted in many of the "advanced" engines, although the smarter ones allow you to optionally add it back, to balance out certain maps where Lost Souls would otherwise become overabundant.

Yeah. Although Cacodemons and Pain Elementals are cute, they can really do a number on you with those huge teeth/fireballs/exploding Lost Souls. Demons are less cute and more hurtful unless you've got a Berserker pack.

Mivalekan said:

Wtf? Too easy? Getting THAT close to any shotgun or chaingun zombie means you'll get torn to shreds. Not to mention that I've never seen a zombie by its very lonesome in any .WAD.

HAND to HAND, any humans or former humans may have NO weapons of any sort. Fighting a zombie hand to hand is no harder than any norm human, probably easier since they'd be all squishy O_o. and who ever said anything about it being in a wad, this is real life :D.(well sort of :P)
Besides its all about what would insight more panic and fear, fighting a dog is ten times scarier than fighting humans since you tend to be shit scared of a teeth. put it like this what is more worrying a Big muscly guy, or a normal guy with a knife who is trained. the guy with a knife has a big blade that you KNOW if it touches you will kill you. it becomes more touch and go then, and fighting an imp O_O, teeth, claws, fireballs, cyberdemon >.<, big, teeth, claws, rocket laucher....

A mancubus might be feasible if you could get close. Despite the Doom monsters ability to 180 instantly, in real life a mancubus would be quite slow and ponderous in turning. Given sufficient cover, a regular guy in decent fighting shape could easily out-maneuver a fat blob like that, get behind it, and pull the power cords to its guns. From there, all you have to do is avoid getting stepped on. It would take a while to kill a fatty with your bare hands, but hey, be brutal.

Megalyth said:

all you have to do is avoid getting stepped on.

And sat on. Seriously, most people would be dead if the Mancubus did the good 'ol Stop, Drop, and Roll.

I'd fight with an Imp to see if the rumour is true.

Now, non impse jokes, I'd probably fight the Archvile (if you have cover) could be killed easly, if you look well it only can damage you when the spell is finished, in the mean time you can do whatever you want (archvilese?), cover, and repeat (the archvilese?). The problem would be if in the real world the flames would actually hurt you, and he would use his hands to kill you.

shotgunmasacre2 said:

Yeah so you know what I mean when I say that I HATE Nazis? I hate them so much that.....

It would not be wise to fight someone hand to hand if the other guy has a gun.

SHIIIIIITTT!!! This would be one of the easist choices I ever made from this post. I'd gladly take on any of the former humans/Marines, by way of grabbin' something solid and heavy, Like a pipe-wrench and blindside a motha, bashing them upside the dome and releave them of their armor, weapons, keycards, wallets(heh) whatever, and just keep working my way up the chain until I get my mits on some better and stronger firepower like a shotgun, assault rifle, plasma rifle, rocket launcher, BFG9000...................

I'd wouldn't go up against ANY of the HORDE if I could avoid it. Just use your marine E&E(Evade & Escape)training and just avoid the bastards as much as humanly possible. You should'nt be able to survive a toe-to-toe scrap against ANY demon supposedily from HELL or some unknown dimension. Even when armed with a combat shiv(combat knive)a demon should be more than a match for any mere human/marine. Why don't you just commit suicide than do that.

That how I see it,

THAT'S HOW I ROLL!!! HA!!
Tsar,

zap610 said:

It would not be wise to fight someone hand to hand if the other guy has a gun.

Yeah but I have a beserker pack and a megasphere and invulnerability so I could massacre a ss with my bare hands! HAHAHAHA damn NAZIS!

shotgunmasacre2 said:

Yeah but I have a beserker pack and a megasphere and invulnerability so I could massacre a ss with my bare hands! HAHAHAHA damn NAZIS!

True, can't get much better than that.