Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Slade Reaches 1.0

SlayeR has released version 1.0 of his map editor SLADE. This version offers a revamped interface via GTK, plus maybe an unintended bug or two. But overall it's functional, not to mention it's available for both Windows and Linux.

The fact that the Linux source code uses Jam instead of Make is odd. Slade also doesn't build for me, which is sad as I was really looking forward to using this. I'm also too lazy to look at the source code and write a makefile at the moment :) Maybe tomorrow.

DJ_Haruko said:

The fact that the Linux source code uses Jam instead of Make is odd.

Yeah, I meant to replace it with some autotooling, but never got around to it.

Why doesn't it build?

RealMiffe said:

Yeah, I meant to replace it with some autotooling, but never got around to it.

Why doesn't it build?

It gave me some errors in console_window.cpp and misc.cpp. I did get it to build finally after installing a gtkgl library, and by commenting out these lines in console_window.cpp's entry_activate() function (it was complaining that it couldn't find the function gtk_scrolled_window_get_vscrollbar):

GtkWidget *sbar = gtk_scrolled_window_get_vscrollbar(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW(s_window));
double upper = GTK_ADJUSTMENT(GTK_RANGE(sbar)->adjustment)->upper;
gtk_range_set_value(GTK_RANGE(sbar), upper);
and by commenting out the only line of code in misc.cpp's set_cursor() function. Unfortunately, this seems to have killed my ability to insert lines. I have GTK+ 2.6.10 on my system.

It requires GTK 2.8+

Without it I wouldn't be able to easily control the mouse pointer (which is needed for mouselook to work in 3d mode). Also there was no way to access a ScrolledWindow's scrollbars in pre-2.8, which caused problems with the console window.