Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caco_killer

Anyone else sick of the massive amount of videogame ads on TV?

I can't stand them anymore. It was ok when channels showed one ad once and a while, but now they show a few of them on every commercial break. The worst channel for the ads is Spike Tv. They show them constantly, one right after the other. I can't watch anything on that channel anymore because of it. I guess I'll have to get Tivo or something so I can watch TV without seeing all those videogame ads.

Hey, at least they haven't like, made pop-ups during actual TV shows or something.

Imagine a "MAKE UR PENIS BIGGER BY 40%" popping up during Sex and the City.

I don't watch TV anymore, but I guess these commercials are proof that video gaming is coming further into pop culture. Though I don't see that as much of a good thing.

BBG said:

Hey, at least they haven't like, made pop-ups during actual TV shows or something.

Imagine a "MAKE UR PENIS BIGGER BY 40%" popping up during Sex and the City.

OMG thats the future right there.

I remember about 2 to 5 years ago when a videogame ad was a rare and exciting thing to find. Now that glimmer is gone. :(

They don't bother me nearly as much as when advertisements do covers of already annoying songs with the product as the theme... ugh.

I don't like ads. At all. On the Internet they are the worst, closely followed by TV, then radio, magazines, newspapers, and public (billboards et al).

Bloodshedder said:

I don't like ads.

Same here, except the good ones that make you crack up sometimes (like the CapitalOne ads). Other than that, a pox on all adverts!

Don't watch enough TV to have noticed. Saw an X-Box 360 advert the other day on TV, but since its a Microsoft product I didn't pay much attention to it actually being a part of video gaming.

caco_killer said:

Anyone else sick of the massive amount of videogame ads on TV?

Simple solution: Don't watch TV. Works for me. :P

Psyonisis said:

I hate commercials on TV so much because I always get mad at the creators for not putting any imagination or creativity into them.

Those piss me off...and if you ever watch CBC (especially during a hockey game), you'll notice they play the same ad twice in a commercial break. That really pisses me off. And my dad.

What's TV again?

Over here there are no game ads anywhere.

I barely see any videogame commercials, unless I'm watching G4TV. They get annoying in months when there's like only six of them, but otherwise I like seeing videogame stuff being advertized on TV.

Why dont you just stop watching the commercials instead of idly fuming in your chair?

Ads are a major part of the reason I stopped watching TV. The other reason being everything on TV besides the ads.

Amaster said:

Why dont you just stop watching the commercials instead of idly fuming in your chair?

I do, it's just this has to do with something else I forgot to mention. At 2 AM, there's not much to watch on TV, so I just go through the channels I watch on a regular basis. I switched to Comedy Central, but they had commercials, so I switched to NBC. They had Extra on, and they were talking about the Xbox 360, so I switched to ABC, and they were also talking about it too! The amount of videogames on TV is just insane now.

Bloodshedder said:

I don't like ads. At all. On the Internet they are the worst, closely followed by TV, then radio, magazines, newspapers, and public (billboards et al).

agreed. nothing sucks more than an ad in the face.

whats worse is the ads get really personal at 2 AM. especially radio ads. selling sexual performance pills and all that shit.