Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyberdemon

Homestar Runner TC

YES YES YES!

That'd be the best TC ever!

Have Doomguy be Strong Bad or something. There are even quote packs on the site, so that makes replacing the DOOM sounds easy!

Dear: StrongBad

I think it would be cool if someone made a doom tc based on your website.

Is it a good idea?

With crap: Cyberdemon

Oh man, that would be an awesome idea and.. wait, Doom? isn't that like 12 years old now? it would take like the most cutting edge vector dot, polygonalo biotechnologies with a thousand and one gigazap to fully encapsulate me in my rendered glory. doom just doesn't have the stuff.

aw man, Cyberdemon, there better things to do with my time, like mixing hose hold insects into homestarrunnner's ice crème. why am I not doing that now?

Paper, take us away.

If you ask me, Homestar should be left to its current medium. There are many things that give the cartoons their charm that just can't be replicated in a first-person shooter.

No offense, but I beleive that it could be done. Just look at that kooky CHEXMIX tc. Fun and yet the concept gave it the standout quality. I am sure that it could be done.

Captain Red said:

if it's popular, somebody at doomworld hates it with a burning passion.

Yeah, you're right. Only at DW...

I can imagine getting swarmed by a pack of Cheat Commandos (Demon replacements...or replacements for the three types of Zombies?) even now...

Imp said:

Don't mean to piss you off but it sounds like a really dumb idea. Strong Bad and Doom wouldn't mix very good.

shotgunmasacre2 said:

No offense, but I beleive that it could be done. Just look at that kooky CHEXMIX tc. Fun and yet the concept gave it the standout quality. I am sure that it could be done.

yes it could, but how handy are you at making sprites from vector images?

Yeah, that's why I'd have no part in the project, aside from a map or something, if I'm not too busy/good enough at mapping by then.

Ralphis said:

Uh, more like "only at world"

Heh, good point.

shotgunmasacre2 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of H*R's brand of spontaneous-yet-good-for-all-ages style humor. I'm not sure that this sort of thing lends it self very well to an FPS game without destroying the game (or the humor for that matter).

I hate to be a pessimist, but this is just the way I feel about this whole thing.

if pulled off right, this wad could be grotesquely insane

STRONG BAD WITH A SUPER SHOTGUN

it might be better as a dm wad though, with a skinpack. Monsters turned into the main characters suck (look at simpsons doom2, i KNOW people stop playing that after a short while)

You'd have to make a whole new Megawad after you replace the sprites and sounds if you want people to play it, rather than just mod the original game.

There's no probably about it. Unless your SLIGE or Kessler, it'll take a decent amount of time, plenty of motivation and experience, and a ton of creativity to turn out 5-10 maps in a Megawad, since that's what each person would probably have to do, unless they pull a Memento Mori and have 22-26 people working on it.

Someway I have bitten my left.. I mean right cheek too much inside my mouth.. it hurts.. I'm so confused about right and left and I don't know anymore what's right. I just left this post here to do something cool...

Aboslutely nothing. I'm guessing he had the incredible urge to post something, but had nothing relevent to say, so he made that pointless post here.