Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Nintendo Gamecube games

I have never played the Gamecube, but I am buying it for someone... can you please suggest some games that I should get or should NOT get?
Super Smash, Monkey Ball, etc...
thanks!

I've heard the metroid prime game is good. Super Mario Sunshine is also a fun game. Resident Evil 4 is good I hear, and if they like racing games f-zero is one high speed craze.

The Cube has some great titles but not enough for the FPS fan such as my self. My cubes kind of rusted away since I bought my XBox.

thanks for the suggestions!
I forgot to mention that this is for younger kids -- 11 years old and younger.
Gamecube is aimed more at kids from what I can tell as it is...

Get the legend of zelda games. All of them. Get the collector's disk and get wind waker. I'm sure a young kid can enjoy them a lot and its at a great price as well.

Some other great games for kids:
*Super Mario Sunshine = good
*Metroid Prime 1 & 2 = although an FPS, no blood and such. Wholesome exploration fun
*Viewtiful Joe = fun 2d platformer, vibrant colors
*Megaman Anniversary Collection
*Sonic Mega Collection
*Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2
*Mario Kart Double Dash

These are some of the better games I would recommend to look into purchasing. Especially the collection disks. They're older games but for 30 dollars each packed with multiple awesome games on each disk a young kid is sure to love it

Well at home I have :

Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Mario Kart DD
F-Zero X
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Zelda Windwaker
Soul Calibur 2
Zelda Collectors Edition
Mario Party 5

and I enjoyed every games.

Danarchy said:

Mario Kart: Double Dash is a must.

I can always hear the guys next door to me in my dorm playing that. They'll scream at it and I can hear what track they're on just by listening to the $200 subwoofer they have hooked up to it.

Funny as hell just listening to it, though.

Nobody has mentioned Star Fox Assault yet, so I will. I haven't tried single player, but multiplayer is pretty good-- decent-sized areas and such. One downside is that you can't turn off the music. It can get quite monotonous.

Metroid Prime 1&2 and Resident Evil 4 are pretty much all I play on it nowadays. They're all three very awesome games.

MGS: Twin Snakes, the Timesplitters games (2 and Future Perfect - 1 was PS2 only), and the Pikmin games.

St. Doom said:

Try the gantlet game

Bit bloody, but a hell of alot of fun

Hell yeah. I played that last night for the first time and it's horribly fun.

Paper Mario 2 kicks all kinds of ass. Incredible gameplay, a really awesome story, inventive combat...it just goes on and on. Beyond that, I really enjoyed Spider-Man 2, but mostly because I like swinging around Manhattan and popping little kids' balloons.

DC

You should get Warioware, Inc. This game is great, especially if you combine it with a saturday night, some friends and beer ;)

Terra-jin said:

You should get Warioware, Inc. This game is great, especially if you combine it with a saturday night, some friends and beer ;)

Yeah and I know a lot of 11 year olds, those kids are freaking drunkards, my god, had to threaten to call their parents that one night.

Epyo said:

Yeah and I know a lot of 11 year olds, those kids are freaking drunkards, my god, had to threaten to call their parents that one night.

Sick

Lost souls get younger and younger