Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jan

Classic Episode 2

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is I have cancelled the plans for a 3-level "Classic Trilogy" mini episode.

The good news is that I'm working on Classic Episode 2 "The Singularity Complex" and it is nearing completion. More info can be found here: http://www.jvanderveken.easynet.be/classic2/

Jan

Hey Lee :-)

About sc4.jpg: the level is based on an unfinished "idea" level I had lying around and which I picked up again and completed. Anthony Soto also used parts of the unfinished level in classic7 and integrated them with another unfinished level of mine, that's probably why it looks familiar. This version is 100% my own incarnation though, and I have always planned to complete it.

On my website I mentioned Christmas as a possible release date, so I think the time's about right to post an update on this.

Progress is still going well, and the episode is really nearing completion now. The basic layout of the levels is done, and if I pushed for it, I could probably get the episode out before the 25th. On some levels, I still have to do quite a bit of polishing though, mainly tuning the gameplay, balancing monster/health/ammo ratio, checking for texture misalignments, that sort of stuff. I still have to get feedback from some of my playtesters as well.

To make a long story short, it will be released when I feel it is ready, which may or may not be before the 25th. I don't want to release half-finished work.

Stay tuned.

Superb.

I think class_ep is better though. Sentimental reasons I guess.

And a merry Christmas to you as well.

I believe e1m2, aside from being released as a standalone map, was also featured in Endgame. I do remember playing the level before. Even so, the new material is high quality. Merry Christmas, indeed.

Vile said:

I believe e1m2, aside from being released as a standalone map, was also featured in Endgame. I do remember playing the level before.

Well, sort of. I gave it to Anthony Soto when it was about 75% done with permission for him to finish and use the material, as I didn't really have inspiration at that time to do anything with it. His version ended up in Endgame.

Later, I picked up my original version of the map, finished it and released it as classic11.

The biggest difference between our two versions is the entire south part, where I axed everything I had already done and started from scratch.

Anyway, it's better to have two versions than no versions, isn't it?

Even so, the new material is high quality. Merry Christmas, indeed.

Jan

Excellent mapset. A slightly shrewd way of stretching 3 new maps to fill an entire episode perhaps, but I think it actually works rather well. Thanks for giving me something interesting to do for once on Boxing Day afternoon :oP