Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Okay, I'm officially a nerd

Heh. I noticed something related to Doom, Heretic and the Danzig album, Danzig 2.

In the track "Tired of being alive" there's a lyric that goes "I am your heretic, I am your doom, waiting for the number, 7 up 7 to the 6 on 6, bring it on to me".

Well, look at Ultimate Doom's E1M1 sidedefs count and Heretic's E1M1 linedefs count. Then look at those lyrics.

Heretic E1M1 - 777 linedefs
Doom E1M1 - 666 sidedefs

Now do I win my award for being a Doom nerd? ;)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

*thinks hard*

I've played Doom so bloody much I noticed there's exactly 100 rockets in episode 1. That's sick.

Heretic E1M1 - 777 linedefs
Doom E1M1 - 666 sidedefs

This is pretty shocking stuff. I had no idea...

I scare you only NOW??? Heh, I haven't been doing to well then ;)

Well, it's just that I'm into both rock music and Doom editing, so everything just pointed itself out to me.

Hey, is that a good or bad kind of scaring? >:)

That's pretty Goddamned nerdy but far from nerd mastery.

For instance, did you realize this while using Linux?

Did you have a DVD of The Matrix or Hackers playing in the background? Triple points if you had both.

Were you popping a zit as well?

Were you fantasizing about losing your virginity to Sarah Michelle Geller or Pamela Anderson?

Were you using your inhaler/nebulizer?

Were you cleaning your pocket protector with a moist towelette?

Were you trimming down your buzzcut or putting another layer of masking tape on your plastic black framed glasses?

Were you placing your retainer in the dishwasher?

Did you somehow have a paperclip stuck in your braces?

Were you laughing out loud to the antics of Dilbert?

Were you arguing with a friend as to why DivX is the best thing on the Internet even though it's just stolen beta Microsoft mpeg-4 code?

Were you masturbating to framerate specs of a new video card?

Were you masturbating to pictures of the GeForce 4 reference card?

Were you masturbating to the Mynx model in Quake 3 Arena?

Was your carpal tunnel syndrome acting up on you?

Were you picking your nose?

Were you wheezing or snorting?

Was your little sister beating your ass like a rottweiler with a ragdoll?

Were you soldering more fans onto your video card so you could void the warranty, create massive amounts of heat, risk damaging the entire system as you overclock for a possible benefit of an additional 3% performance? When you were done did you think that the extra 5 frames a second in the highest resolution were absolutely worth the $60 you spent for those new fans with NASA satellite technology in them?

Does your favorite pen write upside down or underwater (+50 nerd points)?

Were you recompiling the Linux Kernel (+100 nerd points)?

Are you really Lüt (+6400 nerd points)?

See? That's what I thought. Pretty fucking nerdy, but really not nerdworthy of a medallion.

Well, what if I'm more of a nerd for knowing that the release date of Danzig 2 was 1990, 3 years before Doom and 4 years before Heretic was released?

Lüt, for the love of my ass, please quit with all the Danzig shit. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THAT MUSCLE BOUND MIDGET.

I could just see him in an interview, cuddled up on a big fluffy wuffy sofa crying through his pancake-thick mascara, "I just wanna be evil soo bad!"

Fucking fashion fake demon cocksucking prissy boy Elvis wannabe whorecow talentless bastard. If he had any brains he'd'a stuck with the Misfits. As soon as I heard Samhain I knew his career was nosediving.

Hmm... I always knew there were 666 lines in E1M1. But that it was taken from a song? Perhaps that's the only reason why they extended E1M1 in The Ultimate DOOM - they wanted those 666 linedefs. Heh.

Lüt, for the love of my ass, please quit with all the Danzig shit.

Did you even read the first post? HE STARTED IT DAMMIT!!!

That's pretty Goddamned nerdy but far from nerd mastery.

For instance, did you realize this while using Linux?

Did you have a DVD of The Matrix or Hackers playing in the background? Triple points if you had both.

Were you popping a zit as well?

Were you fantasizing about losing your virginity to Sarah Michelle Geller or Pamela Anderson?

Were you using your inhaler/nebulizer?

Were you cleaning your pocket protector with a moist towelette?

Were you trimming down your buzzcut or putting another layer of masking tape on your plastic black framed glasses?

Were you placing your retainer in the dishwasher?

Did you somehow have a paperclip stuck in your braces?

Were you laughing out loud to the antics of Dilbert?

Were you arguing with a friend as to why DivX is the best thing on the Internet even though it's just stolen beta Microsoft mpeg-4 code?

Were you masturbating to framerate specs of a new video card?

Were you masturbating to pictures of the GeForce 4 reference card?

Were you masturbating to the Mynx model in Quake 3 Arena?

Was your carpal tunnel syndrome acting up on you?

Were you picking your nose?

Were you wheezing or snorting?

Was your little sister beating your ass like a rottweiler with a ragdoll?

Were you soldering more fans onto your video card so you could void the warranty, create massive amounts of heat, risk damaging the entire system as you overclock for a possible benefit of an additional 3% performance? When you were done did you think that the extra 5 frames a second in the highest resolution were absolutely worth the $60 you spent for those new fans with NASA satellite technology in them?

Does your favorite pen write upside down or underwater (+50 nerd points)?

Were you recompiling the Linux Kernel (+100 nerd points)?

Are you really Lüt (+6400 nerd points)?

See? That's what I thought. Pretty fucking nerdy, but really not nerdworthy of a medallion.

How many points do you get, deadnail? I think that JayExTee should get a title. "Nerd" comes to mind.

out of all those, the only one that I had in common was the matrix dvd. I still consider myself a nerd cause for one, I'm here a hell lot, and I have a website which I work on atleast once a weak.

Does your favorite pen write upside down or underwater

One of my friends is going to get one of those. He's not a big nerd either, he just as plenty of money to blow on stupid stuff like that. He currently owns a 500+ dollar paintball gun setup, an ice cream kart, and a butane lighter that burns at 2300 degrees. He doesn't even smoke that much weed.

o well we knew you where a nerd anyways

Incorrect grammer! you were supposed to use "were". Who'se the nerd now short stuff? HUH, HUH? =]