Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caligari87

"LOL" Doom Moments

So do i,

Loved it when i fisted Chaosboy to death on STO =D

/me thinks i will never forget That moment!

sausage said:

the time i killed a mancubi with my fist then died against a former human when i had a shotgun soon after

Reminds me of when I gutted a Mancubus in Map10 (I think it was Map10) of HR with a Chainsaw. Oh, and I just Berserkered a Revenant in Map02 of 10sector.

One time, I won six (?) games of Skulltag in a row...I thought I was pretty damn good, but that server was probably a newbie server.

Also, when I was really little, I used to find it funny to, when me and my friend were taking turns, run each other into the slime pit of E1M3 and call it a "picnic." The good old days... :)

I laugh whenever Archvile is attacking a zombie of any kind, and the zombie is killed before his attack finishes, making the corpse leap into the air.

I think that mine was staring at the impse on map17 of zdaemonctf and while I was staring at it (it was the first time and I was WTF?) then I got caught in the crossfire by a rocket. BTW that slider video. I am unable to play it. It opens in Windows Media player and I all I hear is the sounds. What do I do?

Laughing is always how I deal with pistol-starting in some insanely difficult level, or blasting my way through a level I think is easy and stopping dead in my tracks (or running frantically like a madman) to find myself smack-dab in the middle of a battle I have no chance of winning. It's not a sarcastic laugh or anything, I find it genuinely humorous for some reason. My respects go to any WADmaker who does this - it forces you to think, rather than just run. :P

Killer_of_Doom said:

Something I do for fun In zdoom is to summon a friendly cyberdemon and watch him as he slaughters everything in his path. It crack's me up everytime!!!!!!!!!

How is this done?

Its not scripting, its is done via the console. summonfriendly cyberdemon. And yes, it is a HELL of a lot of fun to do, also useful on AV 25 when theres like 1500 guys and like no ammo.

Holy shit...I just had one of the funniest DOOM moments of all-time! I was in Map16 - Dejavu of Congestion 1024, and I was strafing and blasting the Revenants with rockets. I grab the final item on the last pillar, which caused the exit to slowly lower...but I was running as fast as I could in circles around the map, avoiding the Revenant's rocket. It was chasing me! I kept running and running, until I got blasted by an Arch-Vile...right into the exit! The second Map17 started, the first thing I saw was this face entering the next level. I was laughing for quite a bit. Later in the level, when you get ambushed by the Archie and his friends, I was shooting the Archie after he revived yet another Imp. This Imp took a shot, it hit the Archie, and the Archie died!

Man...that was so funny...

I actually saw an SS Nazi kill the Cyberdemon in Doom 2 Map32 once...not quite sure how I managed it either.

-_DLD_- said:

Holy shit...I just had one of the funniest DOOM moments of all-time! I was in Map16 - Dejavu of Congestion 1024, and I was strafing and blasting the Revenants with rockets. I grab the final item on the last pillar, which caused the exit to slowly lower...but I was running as fast as I could in circles around the map, avoiding the Revenant's rocket. It was chasing me! I kept running and running, until I got blasted by an Arch-Vile...right into the exit! The second Map17 started, the first thing I saw was this face entering the next level. I was laughing for quite a bit. Later in the level, when you get ambushed by the Archie and his friends, I was shooting the Archie after he revived yet another Imp. This Imp took a shot, it hit the Archie, and the Archie died!

Man...that was so funny...

That was all intended. :D

-monsters that see you and just continue on their patrol route
-a cornered cyber that´s being killed by a demon/imp
-sometimes a hard level seems so absurd that it makes me laugh :) (i.e. av map 26,deus vult)

The start of map 9 in Doom 2. I sometimes let those Pain Elementals follow me around like pets or something.

Running around in a wide open area with a few Revenants avoiding all the rockets they fire, but purposely keeping them from hitting any walls and when there's a ton of rockets flying around, leading them to an unsuspecting enemy.

Automatically using a Chaos Device and losing half of your health when getting telefragged with your own powered up Firemace sphere in Heretic.

In Hexen, freezing yourself right as you run off a cliff by using a Boots of Speed, then firing the Frost Shards (the projectiles hit you instead of shooting out).

In Hexen deathmatch, using a Dark Servant and then immediately banishing it to a far-off part of the map, and it happens to appear right behind your opponent.

In a large outdoor area, when all the demons were dead, I would fire rockets and spin around like crazy at the same time. Somehow, I ended up running right into one. My gibs flew to the other side of the map!

I can't really take the music from the first doom 2 level too seriously after reading this.

Another one that isn't really 'lol' but more of a heh. In an ambush with some imps and thinking "if I get that beserk behind those imps, it will make the situation easier to deal with".

The other day, in a Q3 match I were using the BFG and the Quad, then somebody stupid enough started attacking me with the machinegun, he was in the perfect distance, and very close to many walls, it was funny plum plum plum plum plum you know what happened.

In a DOOM 2 deathmatch with my brother, I were using the invulnerability, I just sit there to let my brother shoot me, he fired more than enough to kill a well supercharged player, but once he was close, I dispatched him with a single (I can't remember well) rocketlauncher/ssg blast.

In a Quake 3 Dragon Ball match (English Bid For Power), I were played against a friend using Krilling, he was trying to kill me with the Kienzan, if you played the mod you know that these attacks need a while to charge and cause frustration if you miss, well, I sit there waiting, he charged and fired it but I easly strafed with few steps, then again, he charged again and the same, and the same, and the same, and the same, until I get bored and killed him easly. Of course he was/is a newby.

In a one on one, One flag ctg match (Team Arena), I mined the flag proximities of the flag container in my base, I hided, and when the other guy tried to score he was gibbed, the funny part was that he couldn't avoid it since to reach it you need a bounce pad, that and the fact that we were tied and fighting for the final capture.

Edit: Another funny moment, I were playing Q3 and I found myself doing the same, I were attacking with the machinegun someone with the quad and a RL. After dying I remembered this thread and said "that was stupid".

chopkinsca said:

I can't really take the music from the first doom 2 level too seriously after reading this.

Another one that isn't really 'lol' but more of a heh. In an ambush with some imps and thinking "if I get that beserk behind those imps, it will make the situation easier to deal with".

That single link has completely ruined Map01. FOREVER!

redmage125 said:

map01 DOES NOT sound like Irish music.

True, but it's what the guy's mom thought. Typical mom comment.

-_-;

Lol i had one,
i made a map and just gutted exactly 100 lost souls in a huge room i mapped for the sake of it,

SOOOOO cool
took about 10 goes to do though,

- sausage -