Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Korn album preview

Sounds better than Take a Look in the Mirror or the Self Titled album.
Some of it sounds good. Some of it sounds very good. I just hope Jon has ditched the 'Fake!' theme for his songs. That really used to annoy me.

/saves some tracks for later.

Nice find.

Didn't care for the self titles or lifes peachy. Loved Follow the leader and issues. Didn't care for untouchables or look in the mirror. I have faith in this album. Maybe.

Self-titled is their only album I didn't want to buy, way back in the day because I thought it sucked. If this new one fails it, I'm just going to buy S/T and be done with them.

Coopersville said:

If you're all into the whole mall goth thing...

What? Their self-titled album isn't anything like this watered-down pish.

There wasn't any Mall-Goth in their first album. It's by far my favorite album (Issues is a fairly close second, the rest of the albums sort of all fall into the "Yawn" category), because it wasn't boring to listen to, or watered-down angst.

By the way, Fieldy's bass guitar work is stellar in the first album, and is why I think he's such a good bassist...I mean, he's always been good, but you know.

Edit: Thanks, Zarky.

zarkyb said:

What? Their self-titled album isn't anything like this watered-down pish.

Wait, that's what I was implying in my first post.

Quast said:

wth? Their self-titled album was the only decent music they ever produced.

the first few tracks were great, but Need To, Predictable, Fake and Helmet in the Bush were boring and samey. The whole thing is more or less is centred around hating fake. The concept for clown despite having good music is dumb. "You hit me in the face so you are FAKE! You have tattoos, FAKE!" And Shoots and Ladders despite being a fun song was a silly attempt at being deep.

Please forgive me. I just had to get out all my pain and suffering.

:P

I don't care for most of Korn's releases, but Untouchables for some reason or another has found it's way onto my favorite album's list.. it just has this dark vibe and an industro edge. Kinda like Deftones - White Pony but not nearly as good.

This album sucks imo. I'll stick to the self-titled and issues.
Seems to me Davis is pathetically trying to be Reznor. Not that Reznor is successful at it himself these days.

Coopersville said:

Wait, that's what I was implying in my first post.

What? You were slating the first album. I'm saying it's much better than their new one.

Quast said:

wth? Their self-titled album was the only decent music they ever produced.

Agreed. It's the only one I can stand listening to anymore, which is still almost never. Way back in 9th grade KoRn was my favorite band. I think Issues killed it for me. That and discovering NIN. And that was was an angsty teen fag.

chopkinsca said:

Huh? korn is still alive? And I thought there were 5 people in the group...

One left because he felt his newfound religion would be insulted by the music.

..and then two weeks later admited that he was insulted that the band had a music consultant come in to help with the writing process.

Ed said:

..and then two weeks later admited that he was insulted that the band had a music consultant come in to help with the writing process.

And somehow I'm not surprised.

Hyprocrite is my fav track of this cd so far. It's the only one that "jumps" out at me. Of course, the other songs can grow on me. Tearjerker's a pretty cool one too, and so is Liar. By the way, early reports of this albums claims rapper The Game was going to make an appearance, I guess that didn't work out. But I am disappointed, the same reports also said this album would be more rhythm based, and obviously is not. I know most of you don't care about that, but I do, I loved Got the Life!

LOL! Did you guys see the music video? Xzibit, Lil John, and Snoop Dogg and some other guy as the band members.

I just got the deluxe edition, it comes with two cds. The second CD contains three bonus tracks, two remixes of Twisted Transistor, and two videos of them playing Twisted Transistor and Hyprocrites live in Moscow. The three bonus tracks aren't just songs that didn't make the final cut cause they suck, they're actually pretty damn good. "It's Me Again" really kicks ass on the bonus CD.

destx said:

korn = faggotry
you all suck nuts for liking it

I like some Korn.

Julian Hope said:

This album sucks imo. I'll stick to the self-titled and issues.
Seems to me Davis is pathetically trying to be Reznor. Not that Reznor is successful at it himself these days.

I Liked [AWITHA_TEETHA] : (...

I'd like to make a relevant comment on the thread, but I can't stand Ds voice... always sounded to me like a whiny pre-teen trying to be Marilyn Manson...