Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ezxariarch

My new monsters preview - New monsters up!

These monster will be added to the Second Episode of my Demon Eclipse Megawad. I've massively reworked the first episode to include better lighting and more detail (learned a lot from Agent Spork's recent Simplicity wad). The Second episode would be something different from what other wads I've seen is. It is a hell themed episode, but will have it's own set of weapons. I thought it was unrealistic how there are shotguns and rockets lying around in hell, so I decided to make a set of 8 weapons just for the hell stages.

But anyway, here are the majority of the new monsters. Some of them i've revamped from old Hellstorm TC sprites i've made many years ago. Due to the project being scraped, I had sprites lying around doing nothing. os I've decided to use them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thses are only previews, the sprites sheets are available if you want to use them yourself. E-mail me and i'll work something out with you.

Guardian Cube: Idea was gotten from the Strain Megawad. This demon cube floats around and fires volleys of fireballs from it's eye sockets. Not very power nor tough, but can pelt you with a lot of fireballs whose damage quickly accumulates.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994212/
----------------------------------------

Nightmare: A monster from hellstorm that I updated with new sprites and some edted ones from the set. This monster remains phased out of existence until it decides to appear and attack. It cannot be damaged until it phases into existence. Not very strong, but stealthy and annoying.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994276/

Bloodfiend: Another ex-Hellstorm monster i've worked on even though it wasn't specified in the site. I thought make something just incase the team leaders didint get enough sprites and needed a temp fill in. Redish version of the demon who is tougher, can chew harder, and spits globs of corrosive demon blood from afar. They are also slight faster and will drop some Demon Blood ammo for some of the hell-weapons.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994321/

Inferno: Based on the Pain Elemental sprites but with no arms. This floating ball monster spits out explosive balls of fire. When it ties, it expells a ring of smaller fireballs. Other wise, it's the same as the Cacodemon.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994434/

Arachnodrone: Same as the arachnotron but with a powerful chaingun (shoots more bullets than the normal one). Otherwise, nothing too special about this monster.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994354/

Diabloist: My most recent monster idea gotten from diablo 2; it's still being worked on. Based on the archvile but with a more intimidating color scheme. This mosnter is super destructive with a variety of hell fire attacks-Sets you on fire with flames that DOES damage, shoots volleys of small fireballs, sends trails of floor clinging flames that homes on on you and explode, and will send you flying with a flame thrower-like attack if you get too close. Meant to be used as a minibosses. I might add a tail to him later to make it even more hellish.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994389/

Archon of Hell: A old Hellstorm monster i've made for the TC. It's been updated with a new attack sequence that I will use. I also darked the skin. Very powerful demon even more so than the Baron of hell. It's so tough that splash damage doesnt affect it. Has the same basic fireball attack as the Baron, but throws several at once along with a huge fireball that explodes. Also meant as a miniboss.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994543/

Spider-Demolisher: One of the bosses that I will use in my wad. meant for the 3rd Episode, but I made it since the idea came. This three eyed spider boss is armed with 2 chaigun-cannons like the Spider-Mastermind as well as a BFG 9000. needless to same, it's very powerful. It's also go more health than the Cyberdemon.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994462/

Cyber-Annihilator: Another boss and is based on the Cyberdemon. This big demon has two rocket-launchers and shoots 2 rockets at a time. It will also shoot homing rockets on occassion. Very powerful with twice the health as the spider mastermind.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994498/

Again, if you want me to send you the completed sprite sheets, please send me an e-mail and we can work something out. I have all of these sprites completed with the exception ot the Diabloist, which will be finished by tomarrow (I hope).

Feel free to give you artistic and other forms of opinion and critique. If you feel like looking at the rest of my site (Almost all anime drawings) feel free to visit: http://Eriance.deviantart.com

These are nice!

Can I use the baron of hell remake with the decorate and stuff? I'll give credit to you in all maps I make with it!

*yawdrop* these look very nice, very cool monsters to use in any doom project.
Would be nice if they where in the mrw too, I would like to use these monsters.

I was gonna submit them to the Monster Resource Wad, but I dont know how to use decorate yet, but i'm learning. And for those of you that want to use these, I'll e-mail you the sprite sheet. But you'll have to copy and paste the frames in yourself because i haven't implemented them in a wad yet (still fixing some minor mistakes).

Wow, some of these are very impressive indeed. Well done. Is there any way you could put the sprite sheets up for download somewhere? People will want to use these.

Enjay said:

Wow, some of these are very impressive indeed. Well done. Is there any way you could put the sprite sheets up for download somewhere? People will want to use these.

Sure, I'll upload them on my Deviantart account. I'll post the links here. OR..do you guys know any good FREE hosting that I can upload zips to? I will need one for my wad anyway.

These are fairly nice sprite edits, almost all of them are flawlessly animated. There is the problem of the spider-mastermind edit, the chainguns dont quite follow it's movement correctally, but overall, a very nice sheet.

The Baron remake was quite good, the flaming steps were a good touch...

when the diabolist does the resurection pose what kind of attack does it do?

comiclez is right about the Demolisher sprite. I think the Cyber-Annihilator looks a little bow legged. other than that your sprites rock.

VileSlay said:

when the diabolist does the resurection pose what kind of attack does it do?

comiclez is right about the Demolisher sprite. I think the Cyber-Annihilator looks a little bow legged. other than that your sprites rock.

The ressurecttion sprite of the Diabloist is used for the homing Fire-wave attack it as. Two waves of fire (like that of the Maulitaur in Heretic) will on the floor under his hands which will home on the player. I didnt want to make him also do the ressurection cuz than it would just be a powered up Archvile.

But yeah, after i animated these, I found a few mistakes that i coulnt see when it was just static sprites. I'll find a way to correct them.

Whoa. Those sprites are very damn awesome. You're an excellent sprite artist. I eagerly await your completed TC.

-_DLD_- said:

Whoa. Those sprites are very damn awesome. You're an excellent sprite artist. I eagerly await your completed TC.

Thanks! ^_^ Though it's gonna take a freaking LONG time. I'm relatively new to mapping so i'm kinda slow. And I also intened to use some basic scripts to enhance the next episode with Zdoom. The problem is...I have no freaking idea how to script. read a few tutorials and can't say i've learn much. But I'll see. I also need to learn decorate; which is a lot easier for me than scripting becuase i'm used to EDGE.

I've massively updated my First episode to fix lack of detail, light problems (too bright), difficulty problems (too much health and ammo), and implemented a few Boom things i've learned to enhace the maps. Does anyone mind testing this new version for me? I also need a place to upload it it. I dont wanna upload it in the NEWSTUFF place cuz it's not really new o_o.

No worries about the time factor. Unless you spend something like 2 years (even then...), as long as the finished product is good, time isn't really a factor, IMO. Better to release a 10-month megawad than a 10-day wow.megawad.

Quast said:

http://rapidshare.de/ is alright for hosting

Thanks dude! This would help a lot.

Anyway, here is the updated version of the Demon Eclipse: Ep. 1 "Doorway to Abbadon". Does anyone mind testing this new version for me to see if its still needs to be harder? Feel free to make suggestions. There are no new monsters or weapons in this episode.

Download Link Below:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8645179/DE-Ep1.zip.html

I've uploaded the sprite sheets along with 3 other monsters-the Fire Cacodemon, a Poison Cacodemon, and a Deathknight. But please give me credit if you use these.

Download Sprite Sheets here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8690745/DE-Finished.zip.html

Also, I've fixed the Spider-Demolisher Movement problem (i think). here's the new gif. Is that better?

http://www.deviantart.com/view/25994462/

Ezxariarch said:

The ressurecttion sprite of the Diabloist is used for the homing Fire-wave attack it as. Two waves of fire (like that of the Maulitaur in Heretic) will on the floor under his hands which will home on the player. I didnt want to make him also do the ressurection cuz than it would just be a powered up Archvile.

that sounds nice. I had started working on a sprite based off the arch-vile thats gonna be a female version of the baron of hell. obviously she's gonna use the same poses as the a-v, but use different attacks.

the spider boss is much better, though something about the guns still look a little funny in first couple of frames.

Yays! Kick major butt, both maps and sprites, I love them. Any plot arround your mod?

Vegeta said:

Yays! Kick major butt, both maps and sprites, I love them. Any plot arround your mod?

THe original plot takes place on the Earth-side during the first Doom, as a prequel. Prior to the story of the original Doom. the UAC commenced their testing of interdimensional gateways on Earth as well as on Mars. ON the earth, there were 3 massive gateways Constructed and operated in the UAC Gateway Control Facility (map 04). When they initially managed to open the gate, they connected the gate to a "Burning Cinder World". To facilitate this world for further study, a Large force of UAC personele were sent through to construct an anchor gate on the other side. Many UAC mainres were injurred from attacks of the "indegenous creatures", but the Anchor gate was able to be completed without too many casualties. Unknowningly, The UAC have made what Hell wanted tyhem to make, and those attacks were only to provoke the UAC to finish the gateway faster. When the Anchor Gate was completed, Hell revealed it's true minions and sent them towards the gate. Hordes of demons rushed the UAC personel on the Hell-side gate, and killed a majority of them. The survivivors were able to report this to the head officials. THe gateway was closed from that point on, but the tests continued on Mars. Eventually, mars got invaded by these creatures and reports of it reached earth. the UAC inteneded to send backup to the Mars facilities and reopened the gateway. But all went wrong as the waiting demons on the other side waited patiently for Earth to reopen their primary gate. As it opened, fireballs and demons from Hell streamed through the gate and obliterated the "reinforcements" that was awating their transport to Mars. Hordes of demons ran rampant onto th unsuspecting UAC Earth Facility and quickly took over it and it's stationed marines. Hell has how control of the largest Gateway contstructed. With it, they continuously sent demon hordes, one after another, to Erath and quickly took over it and the nearby UAC facilities.

This, of course, did no go unnoticed. Many UAC troops were sent to "secure and/or Destroy" the gateway control facility. Howeverm, the battle drawn to a stalemate as demons continued to pour through the gateway to take the place of their fallen kin. You, a marine originally stationed at an Outpost near the Gateway control, managed to survive the onslaught while you recovered from a head injury during routine inspections. You watched the security cameras as you see you fellow men get slaughtered by unknown creatures. You grab the nearest weapon you could get, and headed out the infirmery to see what you could do.

I've made a slight twist of the story by making it take place on the Earth first. You will battle from the Earth UAC facilities (first Ep -Doorway to Abbadon), then to A fortress in Hell (second Ep - Pandaemonium Fortress), then to the depths of the abyss (3rd Ep - Heart of Chaos), then to Mars (no name for the 4th episode yet). I was thinking of adding a 5th episode, but it's only in concept right now.

Each epidoe will have some weapons unique to it. There will be 9 Hell weapons that are only avilable in the Hell episodes, but not in the more Tech-based ones. I thought it was unrealisit to find a 1920 buckshot in the middle of Hell. There will be 4 new UAC weapons ion the 4th episode. I'll list them briefly Below:

Hell Weapons: All Hell weapons can be powered up by a Doomsphere power up i will place in the hell levels.

1)Gauntlet of Darkness: A weapon I originally made for Hellsotrm based on Cryptic's concept. It's just a metal Gauntlet that acts much like the chainsaw but more powerful.

2) Gargoyle Wand: A Wand that's taken from Heretic and edited. It fires projectiles and flaming darts that deal fire damage. It's not very powerful, but a lot better than the pistol.

3) Blood Orb: A red sphere made of demon blood. Sprays out corrosive blood projeciles in the same fashion of the shotgun. GOod for close range combat, but useless from far away (the blood fades after a while). Killing a Bloodfiend will make him drop power for this weapon.

4) Sacrificial Skull: Kinda like a Hellish chaingun. Fires bone shards that rips through enemies. Not very efficient against 1 enemy, but good for facing a line of them.

5) Hellstaff. A weapon taken from Hexen, fires spining red spheres that explode. Like a rocket, but homes onto enemies but doesn't do as much damage.

6) Hellforge Mace: Stage Mace weapon taken from Heretic. Fires spiked balls of metal the blow up and sprays small spiked metal balls that rips through enemies. Deals splash damage on the inital impact (though not much) and sends 6 rippers flying out the blast. Fast and deadly.

7) Soulstaff: Sends a horde of spirts that homes on to a random enemy and will continously fly though and him, dealing massive damage to it and anyone around it (No, these no NOT wraiths from Hexen). Can kill many demons very fast but is almost useless against boss demons.

8) Heart of Sin: a weapon that you rip out of the chest of a Diabloist. basically gets all it's powers. You set random enemies on fire, tosses them into the air and fires homing trails of fire that blow up. More of less a very powerful weapon and uses no ammo (you can only use it 1 time and then it needs to regnerate it's power).

9) Grimoir of Souls: a tome weapon that unlesses many spirts that attack your enemies (like the soul staff) and summons a bunch of wraiths that also attack, but primarily possesses the fallen demons to serve you. Any enemy too close to you will be instantly killed as you open the book with the exception of bosses.

weapons 8 and 9 will be in the 3rd episode, though you can cheat when i release the second episode and see what they do. I've already finished making all the weapons besides the Blood Orb, which I will finish today.

New UAC weapons:

1) Flare pistol: Fires a explosive flare that causes splash damage. Deadly to lesser demons, but slow and more or less useless against bigger ones.

2) Homing Rocket Launcher: Packs the same punch as the rocket, but seeks out it's own enemies.

3) Railgun: self explanatory. You'll need this weapon to beat one of the last bosses. (basically a John Romero with a very small opening that only a railgun can shoot through and hit).

4) Devastator: Powerful BFG calss weapon taht can be charged up to 3 levels of destruction. Bascially like the BFG 9000 of doom 3 mixed with the power of that plasma cannon in Stife. The spheres explode calsses massive splash damage that doesnt hurt you, but also releases small projectiles.

It's just a beefed up demon ATM. I may give it a ranged attack after I finish the archvile...but that sucker has a lot of sprites so it may take me a day a two. Right now I've only got his walking, pain and death sprites done.

:)

Sweet-ass sprites, man! The only thing I saw that you could fix was the missing horns on the Diabolist during its primary attack.

Other than that, these are some of the best monsters I've seen. Great stuff!

So you're Ariance? Very nice work. I'm LordOfTheSofa at deviantART, in case you're curious.

I await this. Ambitious, and it looks like you have the skill and drive to pull through with it. Good luck! =^D

Ok. I've got the archvile done. Here are both of them. However, I did not add a missile attack to the demon mainly out of laziness and also because I'm not going to hunt around for "proper" projectile sprites. The archvile has a main ground flame attack and a secondary close range fire wall that encircles him if you stand too close.

The poor thing is utterly defenceless at ranges longer than maybe 512 map units though...I didn't count.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8755568/qmonsters.wad.html

Relica Religia said:

Sweet-ass sprites, man! The only thing I saw that you could fix was the missing horns on the Diabolist during its primary attack.

Other than that, these are some of the best monsters I've seen. Great stuff!

There shouldn't be any missing horns...lemme go check the sprite sheet.

EDIT: no, I'm not missing any horns. There is a fram where his flames kinda hides his horns though. But thanks for the compliments ^_^.