Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragnew

Hellgate UV Maxdemo

Hey guys, here's a UV Maxdemo for Bejitas_Wraths new level Hellgate (it can be found in newstuff at the moment). The level was recorded with Prboom 2.2.4, and it also requires gothictx.wad in order to work properly.

This is the first demo I've recorded in MONTHS, so hopefully it won't suck too bad. The level requires lots of infighting, so hopefully the demo won't bore you too much.

Sent it to Ops.

ragnew said:

Hey guys, here's a UV Maxdemo for Bejitas_Wraths new level Hellgate (it can be found in newstuff at the moment). The level was recorded with Prboom 2.2.4, and it also requires gothictx.wad in order to work properly.

This is the first demo I've recorded in MONTHS, so hopefully it won't suck too bad. The level requires lots of infighting, so hopefully the demo won't bore you too much.

Sent it to Ops.

Frankly, I don't think recording anything for months have dulled your skills at all. That was a very nice run with no major hang-ups at all. Under 10 mins should not be a problem to get I think, so good luck if you do try again :).

As for me, I got inspired watching your demo, so I tossed out my own for this level, a UV -fast in 7:55. Not much different than the UV-Max other than quicker infighting, which is why I imagine the UV-Max time will . A 7:3x is possible with near-perfect play (Had my armor been better than what it was here after the infighting died down, I'd have been more aggressive in clearing out the remaining horde).

Best thing about the demo was by far the infighting. The main horde in the open went from something like 250+ enemies to 3 archies and about 30-40 other monsters after all cybies were dead. Couldn't ask for the infighting to go any better than that.

I'm done rambling :). Going to send my UV-fast to Ops now.

Anima Zero said:

Frankly, I don't think recording anything for months have dulled your skills at all. That was a very nice run with no major hang-ups at all. Under 10 mins should not be a problem to get I think, so good luck if you do try again :).

As for me, I got inspired watching your demo, so I tossed out my own for this level, a UV -fast in 7:55. Not much different than the UV-Max other than quicker infighting, which is why I imagine the UV-Max time will . A 7:3x is possible with near-perfect play (Had my armor been better than what it was here after the infighting died down, I'd have been more aggressive in clearing out the remaining horde).

Best thing about the demo was by far the infighting. The main horde in the open went from something like 250+ enemies to 3 archies and about 30-40 other monsters after all cybies were dead. Couldn't ask for the infighting to go any better than that.

I'm done rambling :). Going to send my UV-fast to Ops now.

Hey, thanks for the kind words AZ! I'll definitely take another whack at this one, but not too sure when. 7:55 fast, eh! That sound pretty darn good. Gonna have to check it out man!

...I'll be damned 0_o. You won't believe this, but I just improved my UV -fast to 5:34, a 2:21 improvement over my original UV -fast. I'm still shocked it went that low.

Of course, the infighting outside...well, there were only 9 or so enemies left outside.

...5 of them were Cybies.

How 5 Cybies survived that massacre outside, I don't know.

Chances are this will be my last demo for this level seeing the crazy amount of luck I had. Only real mistake was in the exit area, but other than that, another clean run.

Oh, and I nearly die thanks to a evil PE and its Lost Soul army (-fast PEs are now my most hated/feared monsters).

That being said, sending the new demo to Ops.

Nice demos Ragnew and Anima, it sure pays to visit the demo forum, people here don´t play crappy maps :)

I have recorded an UV max -fast run in 7:07, my first demo submission, sending to Opulent now.

Very cool demos guys! That sub 6 minute demo is pretty crazy AZ, nice run on it man!

I sat down for a bit and messed around with the level again as far as the normal UV Max goes, and managed to cut my old time down to 7:35. Not too bad for a session without -fast, but it can take AGES for those darned Cybers to clear out an acceptable amount of enemies before you can jump in.

I also took a whack at my own UV -fast (practice session) and managed a 6:24, while not recording. I've never submitted anykind of a -fast demo, so I think I might do one for this level. Pretty different indeed.

Great demos guys!

My new UV max is on it's way to Ops.

Where can I download this map? Can somebody give here a link? It sounds as a promising stuff to play :) (and promising demos watching surely)