Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Best game 2005

Uhh Castlevania, probably dawn of sorrow, but I really liked curse of darkness too.

Captain Red said:

Metal Gear Solid 3. for the sake of your soul, you better not decare that a sucky game.

Wasn't that released last year?

...or are you talking about MGS3: Subsistance?

Resident Evil 4 is easily the best game released this year and possibly within this progressing decade thus far

Doom outstrips any and all of the new games I played this year by so much that I'm not sure I would class any of them as good. So, finding the best of a bad bunch is pretty pointless IMO.

Enjay said:

Doom outstrips any and all of the new games I played this year by so much that I'm not sure I would class any of them as good. So, finding the best of a bad bunch is pretty pointless IMO.

go play RE4 plz

I easily rank it in my top 5 games of ALL TIME

Quake 4 has to be my personal favorite so far this year, along with Half life 2. Of course, I haven't played FEAR yet, and I'm having technical difficulties with Serious Sam 2. For next year, I'm looking forward to the new WOLFENSTEIN game for the 360, and Prey for the PC. By the way, FYI, Prey is also being released for the 360.

baronofhell said:

Quake 4 has to be my personal favorite so far this year, along with Half life 2. Of course, I haven't played FEAR yet, and I'm having technical difficulties with Serious Sam 2. For next year, I'm looking forward to the new WOLFENSTEIN game for the 360, and Prey for the PC. By the way, FYI, Prey is also being released for the 360.

Do you play anything besides FPS games? Just curious.

pilottobombadier said:

Morrowind :p

Of course, I still havent beaten it, therefore, new game.

I'm seriously torn here on choosing just a single candidate, so I'll sort these by category...

Best Adventure: Indigo Prophecy (hard to beat since there weren't any other good adventure games released this year)
Best PC FPS: Serious Sam 2
Best Console FPS: Timesplitters Future Perfect
Best Stealth Game: Well, I haven't played MGS3 yet, but I'm sure it's awesome - so to make up for it, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.
Best RPG: Dragon Quest VIII
Best Graphics: No candidates because my computer sucks and can't run anything that looks good.
Best Sound: Sadly, nothing really sounded very good this year - but Call of Duty 2 was the cream of the crap. I hate this trend of making games absurdly quiet with really loud gun sounds (like all the Tom Clancy games, and Deus Ex 2). I also hate it when developers use extremely tinny gunfire, or sounds that are far too weak for their respective weapons (Brothers in Arms, I'm looking at you).