Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bejiitas_wrath

Alien Vendetta MAP25.

Here is a good UV demo of this awesome map;

http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/avdemo.zip

I tried to get many cool moments into this
demos and I died when I hit the Exit!

A funny moment in one demo attempt was when a Demon and a Shotguy were ressurected by the Archie as ghosts and they walked through the wall and killed me. That was quite funny indeed. And once a Cyberdemon was trapped up against a torch and was being easten by a Demon ;)

holy hell, that's actually true.

There is an AV demopack but only for the 1st release...
I guess I could ask Ryback to record one :)

Cool. :) BTW, just to make sure and considering that this maps has lots of archies... 100% kills is not sufficient for a maxdemo; you actually have to kill every monster at least once (except for lost souls, of course).

Of course, you probably know already, but just for the case that you don't, I thought I'd point it out - it would be a shame to see an otherwise good demo not qualify as a C-N maxrun due to something like this.

Have fun recording! :)

Schneelocke said:

Of course, you probably know already, but just for the case that you don't, I thought I'd point it out - it would be a shame to see an otherwise good demo not qualify as a C-N maxrun due to something like this.

One would also need to be using Doom2.exe, of course.

Also, I believe the killing each monster at least once clause has been clarified/corrected numerous times to mean that all monsters possible must be dead at the exit, which is notably different.

Edit: except lost souls, of course.

http://www.geocities.com/hungry_mancubus/av25_new.zip

Here is a 99% Kills demo. Far from a max actually but there were heaps of Archie respawning. I was afraid to go back to the start I was paranoid about dying :);

#Edit: this may be the last demo I record with prboom, I want to start using chococalte doom instead, being a linuxer I cannot run doom2.exe. Suse 9.1 professional and Kernel 2.6.4 is too much fun. Will there be a section for chocolate doom demos at all? As I did a nice 00:14 run of E3M6 with it and it played back just fine with prboom. I want to try and get 00:11 or 00:10.

#endEdit

being a linuxer you actually have the best chance to run doom2.exe with a modern OS.

AdamW reported using successfully doom(2).exe under DOSEmu. Almost lagless, unlike windows DOSBox.