Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Tookie Williams Put To Death

so, they killed Tookie Williams today (cofounder of the notorious Crips gang of LA). I personally am not for the death penalty, but I dont agree with Williams either. For example, he has done a bunch of stuff like apologize about the crips and denounced gangs and gang violence. someone nominated him for the nobel peace prize as well, and he (seems) to have realized what he did wrong. yet I dont think that means hes a hero.

what people are saying is idiotic. yes, he's sorry for what he did, and I'm happy he understood his sins. BUT that doesnt make him a hero. It humbles him. A sinner who recognizing thier sin is no hero, they are a humbled man, repenting for what they did wrong. He didnt do anything heroic, he just brought himself up to par with societies expectations. That's not heroic, its good, but not heroic.

Maybe when people talk about him, they think: "he's teaching kids gangs are bad, he's a good guy." while its great he does that and he's sorry for what he did, people dont realize about all the innocent children killed in Crip v Blood crossfire in south central LA. they obviously arent thinking about how on some blocks you can get shot for wearing the wrong color. they dont think about the shit these gangs put 100s of people through who had no choice but to live in a neighborhood where you didnt even know if you'd be shot walking outside of your house. a nobel peace prize? thats bullshit. nobel peace prizes are for people who make a peaceful difference to society and the world, not for people who repent the unpeaceful things they've done.

EDIT:
http://news.neoblack.com/news_item.asp?newsid=1108&category=Crime
that I really dont understand. I mean, cmon these gangs tore the black community apart. wtf

insertwackynamehere said:

and I'm happy he understood his sins.

LORDY LORDY! Can I get an Amen over hyar!?

anyone can be nominated for a nobel peace prize. Both Hitler and Stalin were nominated.

tookie never appologised to the families of those he blew away. He claims to be redeemed, but he still denies he ever did anything to be redeemed for. He refused to tell the police anything about the structure or the tatics of the crips and did till his dying day. His books were a lot of shit that skirted around the aspects of gang life almost completely. He spoke a lot of crap about being sorry for his crimes but his lawyers were going batshit behind the scenes, something that bought him 20+ years of life.

20 years on death row. You do not last that long unless you are dodging like a motherfucker.

the celebs that were whining about this are fools and morons. The man deserves to rot in hell.

mallis said:

anyone can be nominated for a nobel peace prize. Both Hitler and Stalin were nominated.

tookie never appologised to the families of those he blew away. He claims to be redeemed, but he still denies he ever did anything to be redeemed for. He refused to tell the police anything about the structure or the tatics of the crips and did till his dying day. His books were a lot of shit that skirted around the aspects of gang life almost completely. He spoke a lot of crap about being sorry for his crimes but his lawyers were going batshit behind the scenes, something that bought him 20+ years of life.

20 years on death row. You do not last that long unless you are dodging like a motherfucker.

the celebs that were whining about this are fools and morons. The man deserves to rot in hell.

I absolutely agree. Anyone who gives a killer more rights than his or her victims is a moron who deserves to fall victim to the same knife, bullet or other fun method of murder.

There were even witness's to his crimes (the convenience store and motel) one claimed he "gloated" over shooting a man in the back with a shot gun. then theres snoop doggy dog who is also an ex-crip. wonder what skeletons are in his closet (if any)

I'd just like to say that while I like some rap music (not much at all, though, but I always have room for any genre) I hate its subculture.

This statement prompted as response to Regen's statement. That is all.

Anyone find it odd they couldn't find a vein in his arm for the injections?

But really, gangs suck, and the crips are no exception. If you have to get into a GANG to feel welcome- you're in the wrong place.

Regardless of what he did, I don't think he should have been put to death. I'm not a supporter of the death penalty as it is an act of killing.

I would thing that, psychologically, making a person live the rest of his life out in a cell and reminding him every hour of every day of the monstrosities he did would be better punishment than killing.

Perhaps he is trying to gain some good karma by repenting, but if he's doing it selfishly, it'll just come back to haunt him in the next life.

Job said:

Anyone who gives a killer more rights than his or her victims

How is this even possible?

The death penalty goes against my principles although it isn't a huge issue to me. The fact that a former gangbanger died doesn't make me weep, but rather that he was killed by the state. IMO, no institution should have such power.

DJ_Haruko said:

I would thing that, psychologically, making a person live the rest of his life out in a cell and reminding him every hour of every day of the monstrosities he did would be better punishment than killing.

Yea man, being put into a place where you get meals everyday etc etc out of the lowest class environment possible must be such a hard change to live with.

Sorry, but the dude was a piece of shit. It took far too long to take him out and I praise Arnold for not complying with the rest of Hollywood and being a bitch

Csonicgo said:

Anyone find it odd they couldn't find a vein in his arm for the injections?

not really, he was a fat fuck. The veins are all underneath those layers of yellow goop.

There is a big fat vein next to the head of the dick. Maybe they pumped him full of death from there.

My tax dollars don't fund crip activity. Besides, they don't have mandates to execute people legally.

I pretty well go by "He who is sinless among you, let him be the first to throw the stone". If somebody is that evil, keep him imprisoned for life rather than the death penalty.

Ralphis said:

Yea man, being put into a place where you get meals everyday etc etc out of the lowest class environment possible must be such a hard change to live with.

Sorry, but the dude was a piece of shit. It took far too long to take him out and I praise Arnold for not complying with the rest of Hollywood and being a bitch

I don't mean to let them live just so they can have an easy life in prison. People who would be normally be put to death can instead be put into more harsh conditions. Say one meal a day along with being in a 3'x3'x4' cell with the pictures of the people you killed plastered all over behind plexiglass walls.

I doubt a person would survive long in a 3x3x4 ft cell. If anything it would be worse than execution because the death would likely be horrendously painful and progressive.

Dr. Zin said:

I doubt a person would survive long in a 3x3x4 ft cell. If anything it would be worse than execution because the death would likely be horrendously painful and progressive.

Those were the first numbers off the top of my head. My point was to make a much more aggravating environment for the inmate.

Tookie Williams is dead and I'm happy with that.

I'm amazed nobody had the balls to pull his plug two decades ago. The fact is, he never apologised to the families of the people he slaughtered and he made damn sure nobody could touch his little gang kingdom. All those pathetic acts of "redemption" just made me despise him more. He was the arch-type gang-banger, and I'm glad he'll rot in hell where he belongs.

Congrats to Arnold for ignoring those bleeding-heart celebrity whiners and self-righteous "humanitarian" crusadists who think even the lowest of criminal scum deserve to live worthless lives inside of a prison. Anyone with half a brain knows that nothing Williams did came close to atonement for his deeds, just as they also know that the death penalty was, and always is, an excellent form of punishment for those who deserve it.

Yes, I firmly believe in the death penalty. You know why I do? Because I'm sorry, but not everyone deserves to live. Honestly, if it's used as an effective form of getting scumbags off the earth and out of our hair, then I'm all for it. Each degenerate prisoner in our judicial systems costs about $3,000 out of our pockets per year to maintain, and if we can cull that number by getting a bunch of lowlife rapists, murderers, child molesters, drug lords, gang leaders, and the like sent to death and wiped off the face of the earth, then I think that it's for the best.

What's the point of not killing them? I think it's less humane to keep them alive in small cells as they slowly rot away and suck up our tax dollars - that's just cruel and makes the rest of us look incompetent when delivering justice. Yes, the death penalty can be considered "killing," (boo-hoo) but who cares if it is? There's only so much space on this planet anyways, and bleeding-heart crybaby opposition to the term "kill" seems pretty damn hypocritical because we've never had a problem killing anyone else through history - so better to use our power to kill wisely, and get rid of the people who waste their lives violently preying on our fear. That's the only way to come to terms with that ability, because killing others isn't an action our species can ignore or walk away from - thinking that we can is just absurd.

I completely agree with Relica, I have no sorrow for murderers, rapists etc. being killed. They are clearly not appreciative of life if they can commit such crimes like that. They don't deserve to live, nor have any valid reason to.

Relica Religia said:

Anyone with half a brain knows that [...] the death penalty was, and always is, an excellent form of punishment for those who deserve it.

I cannot believe you just called people opposed to the death penalty stupid. It's fine to have your own beliefs, but to attack others' on a personal level like that is unfair.

DJ_Haruko said:

making a person live the rest of his life out in a cell and reminding him every hour of every day of the monstrosities he did would be better punishment than killing.

That would only work if he was sorry for his crimes.

When I first even heard this was happening my sister told me 'Arnold Schwartseneggar is going to terminate someone in an hour!' I thought he'd be doing it himself, which brought much laughter to me for some reason.

Relica = truth

Thanks guys.

exp(x) said:

I cannot believe you just called people opposed to the death penalty stupid. It's fine to have your own beliefs, but to attack others' on a personal level like that is unfair.

I'm sorry if my wording wasn't in the right context, but I wasn't trying to call them stupid. I'm very passionate about the death penalty debate and I can't help but applaud those who support it moreso than those who are against, and I honestly can't give support to those who didn't want to see that bastard, or any other genuine scumbag, put to death. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but sometimes offense can't be avoided when passion comes into play. I'm sorry about that.

What about the many many innocent people that the state has killed? Does that mean the State is guilty of murder and should be executed.It's beter that 10 guilty people should walk free than 1 innocent person be wrongly executed?

Cpt Red: Death can never be a punishment as a lesson cannot be learned (unless you believe in reincarnation). It just serves to rid the people and government of nucances(sp?) + it makes those bitter orphans and widow(er)s feel better

Fod: They shouldn't have had all that evidence pointing to them

If executing someone is to be a deterant, as people say that's the reason for it, then it should be a public execution, you cannot deter someone without showing them the punishment for their actions, so they (we) should all have to watch the death throes of the victim.

Relica Religia said:

I'm sorry if my wording wasn't in the right context, but I wasn't trying to call them stupid. I'm very passionate about the death penalty debate and I can't help but applaud those who support it moreso than those who are against, and I honestly can't give support to those who didn't want to see that bastard, or any other genuine scumbag, put to death. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but sometimes offense can't be avoided when passion comes into play. I'm sorry about that.

The death penalty is a last resort for the oppressors or the weak. It's a shame that a civilized country still feels the need to do it - putting the USA in the same league as countries like China or Iran. It's pathetic!

Now, if someone threw all the persons responsible for death pealties into prison, then I'd applaud most loudly. IMO they are murderers themselves and deserve to be dealt with accordingly.

Graf Zahl said:

The death penalty is a last resort for the oppressors or the weak. It's a shame that a civilized country still feels the need to do it - putting the USA in the same league as countries like China or Iran. It's pathetic!

The death penalty is solely for the victims' benefit. To be civilised you need law and for people to follow laws motivation is needed. Would you steal from an arab market knowing your right hand is on the line? I doubt it. If people stopped dicking around no one would have to use the death penalty and England wouldn't need it.

As fodders said if it was to be used to its potential the executions should be public. Right now it is being wasted on the victims' families.