Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Best Movie 2005

So far Batman Begins is the only reasonable choice I'd have to offer in a year that was filled with garbage. But I think that next week this question will be finally decided.

War of the worlds had some cool stuff. But, not my favorit. I'd say Sin City, cause it was absolutely awesome. Batman Begins was super too.

Then there was Star Wars E3. But it wasn't in the top.. :p And Doom, was way down at a bottomless pit.

My favorite movie of 2005 has to be Batman Begins. This time around, Hollywood stuck to the original concept of Batman and it was succesful, you would think they would learn from this(hint, hint).

well I haven't seen narnia yet and king kong is coming, so calling for best movie of '05 might be a lil' premature. that said, I think that of all the movies that I actually saw in the theatres, sin city and RotS (which I saw on the opening midnight showing in a times square theater) were the best so far. ones that came out in the theater that I missed (and I missed a lot this year) and caught on dvd I think devils rejects topped my list.

pilottobombadier said:

Sin City.

Yeah, that movie was excellent! Though it was kind of annoying that people were laughing during parts of the movie. Heh, I still enjoyed it, however...I need to get it on DVD sometime.

-_DLD_- said:

Though it was kind of annoying that people were laughing during parts of the movie.

People are known to do that during funny parts.

Shaviro said:

Episode III.

Oh noes. This movie plain sucks. Even good actors such as Jackson and Christensen (yes, he's a good actor, see "Shattered Glass") phailed tottaly with their roles, as the screenplay and Dialogs were abysmal. The best actor is - once again - master Yoda.

And yes! I'm a big fan of Star Wars. A great fan - I'd say. And yes! I also hate Jar-Jar as much as it is humanly possible to hate such a stupid and immaturely unfunny creature (-Me'sa fired? -No, You'sa fried!); but after the first trilogy the Star Wars movies were getting worse, with an apogee in episode 3.

My vote goes to Constantine and Sin City

The only movies I saw were DOOM, Land of the Dead, and Zorro, I liked them all in diferent ways.

Bucket said:

People are known to do that during funny parts.

I was talking about the parts where guys were vividly maimed. Heh.

There were a ton of movies I saw this year, and most of them were actually good. I'll just list all the movies I saw that came out this year and rank them...

1. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2. Sin City
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
4. Serenity
5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
6. Steamboy
7. Batman Begins
8. War of the Worlds
9. Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
10. Kung Fu Hustle
11. Land of the Dead
12. Doom

Doom is the only one on that list that I didn't really like (though I didn't necessarily hate it either).

-_DLD_- said:

What, no Harry Potter? That was a good movie...

Danarchy said:

There were a ton of movies I saw this year, and most of them were actually good.

My choice for best movie of '05, would have to be Peter Jackson's "King Kong". Great movie in all aspects, and I myself will be interested to see how it fares award wise.

Definitely a movie that one needs to see in the theater if they have the chance to do so...

Peter Jackson has done it again! Great job!

I can't say at the moment. All the really good movies that come to mind are from 2004, but from this year there's a bunch of movies I haven't seen yet.