WADs made by Women.....

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following female mappers:
Lil White Mouse (or simply "Mouse")
Vampirajay
Kathy Bruni
Brandi Nicole Visser
Carolyn Schulenburg
Lisa Moore
Doria Biddle (maybe - is that a girl's name?)

So search for those names. I recall that Silverwyvern also made one map for a speedmapping contest, but it was quite rudimentary.

Did, Jay ever release anything? I remember that she and Spike left their wad they were working on. Or did they release what they had?

There was Nanami as well (unless she's already listed in there) - she lead and made several contributions to the Monster Resource Wad, as well as ZooM (of which there was only ever a demo released).

Romero's girl-friend (or maybe wife) Rhaluca did a level for Doom.

I just wish this editor would be more easy to use.. John told me that the editor he created for doom was on NextStep computers ( aprox. 12 years ago) and it was way easier to use than Doombuilder except that it didnt have some of the cool stuff this one has (like the 3D mode and some of other functions).

:)

kristus said:

Did, Jay ever release anything? I remember that she and Spike left their wad they were working on. Or did they release what they had?

They made an "Episode 1" release. I don't know if any maps are solely/mainly Jay's work, or if they were all joint efforts, etc.

There's also BahdKo (Laura Hermann), and QWERTY (Natalya Shilyaeva) has appeared in the credits for a few wads, but I don't know of any wads she has made herself.

Where has Little White Mouse been, anyway? I checked at ZDoom and she hasn't posted in months, it seems. Or maybe my memory's bad. Just wondering...

Two more:
Morgana (Josie Austin)
Jessica Parrish

Also, whoever made doomgirl might have been (I don't have a textfile any more; it might have been an eponymously-named wad), as there is nothing in the wad to justify the name.

Lvangundy said:

Sorry, Romero's a pervert. 20 years old? Wasn't she 19 when they wed?

lame.

some might consider that wise. :)
wait until you're 60, you'll think that's a good idea. :P

-_DLD_- said:

I think he just called Scuba a woman. O_O;

Either that or he's referring to the work Nanami did on Action Doom...

Grazza said:
Also, whoever made doomgirl might have been (I don't have a textfile any more; it might have been an eponymously-named wad), as there is nothing in the wad to justify the name.

I don't know, but Femdoom is by a girl.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Scuba Steve girl image

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!

*Explodes*

gargoylol said:

Don't forget the UDM series too

women are a strong influence in doom

Damn straight we are!

Lvangundy said:

Sorry, Romero's a pervert. 20 years old? Wasn't she 19 when they wed?

lame.

I'm 23 and a 13 year old girl tried to suck me into dating her, even though she looks like a grown up woman, age is always a problem so I told her to piss off and leave me alone. No, he's not a pervert because shes above the age of consent, and he is 36 or 37 eyars old. I think Romero is a real cool guy in many ways. Especially when his head is on a stick!!

Rhaluka's map looks interesting I must admit.