1. 1. Favorite id fps.

• Doom 1/2
    • Quake 1
    • Quake 2
    • Quake 3
    • Doom 3
    • Woflenstein 3d
    • .... I still prefer eating babys
    • id`s fps games? HAH, im all about commander keen.

My favorite is Doom3 and quake 2. Btw the reason why heretic/hexen or quake 4 and rtcw arent up there is because
1. heretic n hexen are first person rpg's, not firstperson shooters ( I think if everyone else thinks there fps then go ahead and add em)
2. Quake 4 is by raven and rtcw is by gray matter or something like that..

Tie between DooM, Quake 2, and Quake III.

And maybe even Wolf3D.

EDIT: And despite its inventory system Heretic is indeed an FPS IMHO.

Id say quakeworld but as discussed before, nothin but cheaters on quakeworld. Just once id like to play legit deathmatch on it. So I like quake 2 better, the community keeps cheats out rather than in.

OMG Doom 3! It's so good it's like I never played it at all!

But nothing makes me spasm quite like Wolf3D. NOTHING.

I cant spell u said:

rtcw is by gray matter or something like that..

And they (grey matter) did a better job on the single player campaign than id did with Doom 3. Anyway, Doom 2 wins.

Jander-Chart:
1.DooM3
2.DooM2
3.Wolf3D

Runners-up:
Ultimate DooM
Final DooM
Heretic

And Heritic was one of my favourite games, so all of these are way up on my universal game chart. The competition is close indeed

and voted for Doom I/II, not only to fit with the status quo and be PC & such, but because they were some of the first FPS games I could actually play at the time that were fun and original(in a way).

Tied for second would be Quake II and Doom 3.

Quake II had awesome music/sound, killer(in more ways than one) gameplay, and people were always making new and amazing add-ons for it.....plus the objective based mission system and NavCom thingie looked cool.

Doom 3 is amazing because it shows doom in a more in-depth and immersive light, with darkened & realistic looking rooms/etc & many interactive extras & sounds that draw the player(IMO)even further into the storyline.....and it's in 3-frickin'-D! :D

Third choice would be Woflenstein 3D(Misspelled for humor, look at poll choices). The funny Nazi death sounds, the random seeming halls and puzzles, and the stoyrline(as such) made it something too "fun" to not get bored easily on/with.

I cant spell u said:

2. Quake 4 is by raven and rtcw is by gray matter or something like that..

Quake4 is actually a co-production between id Software and Raven. id´s own Tim Willits was lead designer for Quake4, so it can very well be counted as an id game.

I voted for Quake2 btw, still the best all-arround experience with great SP and MP.

Quake had the most character and originality IMO. No gameplay, but it did have that. Quake 2 was Doom on planet Strogg. I may be the odd man out when I say Doom 3.. I hoped to god that Quake 4 would have been based off of the original..

Doom1 i like the most out of the doom series.
Quake3 for excessive/powereapons (i play it a lot online)
Doom2 i like certain maps but the fov is slightly different than in doom1. its just off and doesnt quite feel right (or am i just seeing things)
Quake has its own unique feel, and is allright (played it longer than q2)
Quake2 was good for the first 6mo. never really liked it after that.
Doom3, well lets just say i play a lot of quake3 online (havent played it lately)
Wolf3d i honestly have not touched it in 5+ years. not really intersted in it much anymore (is it still considered a game? j/k)

KwadDamyj said:

What's wrong with Quake II? =^/

(Admittedly, I've only played the shareware, but anyway...)

Quake 2 was a great game but short. Allas Quake 2 didn't have a shareware version. Sharware died with Quake.

Technician said:

Quake 2 was a great game but short. Allas Quake 2 didn't have a shareware version. Sharware died with Quake.

It doesn't? I found a demo for it, though. On iD's site, even, I think...

Oh sorry demo. Right. id no longer did the shareware idea after Quake. Instead brought it straight to retail and made a demo. After GT interactive Quake shareware botch up id didn't want to continue the sales tactic.

Heretic is as much an FPS as DooM is (the base format is identical and even the weapons are the same barring one), Hexen is simply an FPS with hubs and puzzles in, not an RPG (unless you play it with the Korax mod)

Anyway, DooM 1/2 on top naturally.