Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
-_DLD_-

StarCraft DOOM, Anyone?

I dunno if this belongs in the DOOM forums, as this has absolutely nothing to do with wad files. This is a Broodwar map I made a few years ago. As you may have guessed, it is a rather good StarCraft imitation of DOOM.

All you need is Broodwar and you can play. I do not reccomend playing this alone, as it is designed for "Coop".

Ah, the hours of enjoyment I have garnered from this map, which took only about 2-3 hours to make! =)

I was really hoping this would be a mod that allowed you to play as a Terran Marine, where you could use all sorts of Terran weapons to fight the Zerg, who would be crappy sprite hacks of the original monsters. That would have made for a killer mod...but NO, it had to be a Brood War map. I don't have Star Craft installed, and even if I did, I was never interested enough in the game to pick up the expansion pack. For shame!

If this was a PC or TC, I'd have put it in a different forum and stated that in the thread title.

Oh, and SC owns. It is another of the greatest games of all-time, pretty well in the same league as DOOM, just RTS instead of FPS.

Meh, I'm not a big fan of RTS games to begin with. SC was okay for a while. I remember going out and buying the original boxed version when it came out. At the time, I was excited for a new Blizzard RTS after enjoying WC2. I have little respect anymore for the cashcow that is Blizzard circa now. Blizzard is to RTS and crappy MMO games what id is to the FPS genre.

Snarboo said:

I was really hoping this would be a mod that allowed you to play as a Terran Marine, where you could use all sorts of Terran weapons to fight the Zerg, who would be crappy sprite hacks of the original monsters. That would have made for a killer mod...but NO, it had to be a Brood War map. I don't have Star Craft installed, and even if I did, I was never interested enough in the game to pick up the expansion pack. For shame!

I would very much like to see what Snarboo speaks of, maybe a few different campaigns, as a Terran Marine, a Protoss Zealot, and maybe even a Hydralisk...