Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

I know who the first Vampire is!

It is the bibical first murderer Caine!

he has knowledge of every discipline and he can create new disciplines on the spot.
Plus if you harm or hit him you get blasted 7000000 times folded.
be afraid, very very afraid.

I'll have to agree with the latter post...but I'm confused with what you are talking about. Reference to a video game I've never played?

DOOMinator said:

I'll have to agree with the latter post...but I'm confused with what you are talking about. Reference to a video game I've never played?

No, just another one of ND's stupid threads...

Well I know Caine's from the Bible, but the discipline and blasting thing made me think of a video game with Caine in it.

Smells like charcoal...

Nightmare Doom said:

It is the bibical first murderer Caine!

Yawn. White Wolf Games studio based their "Vampire the Masquerade" role playing game on that idea over a decade ago. And they were far from the first to suggest it.

Vampire stuff always tends to end up being a self referential goth-boy wank-fest anyway. Oh my dark inner self, how can I control the beast within me, how can I stop my inevitable slide into darkness, how can I keep my cheekbones so high and how can I stop split ends.

Comiclez said:

No, the first vampire is obviously Time Traveling Cheney.

I can confirm this. In fact during my own forays in time travelling, I have found him as far back as the triassic era, where he was building up his own dinosaur army to conquer planet Mars.

chilvence said:

I can confirm this. In fact during my own forays in time travelling, I have found him as far back as the triassic era, where he was building up his own dinosaur army to conquer planet Mars.

Yes, Vampire Dinosaurs.

I always thought the Caine storyline was pretty cool. And I don't know...White Wolf'S VtM - now VtR - isn't your typical goth boy wanksta or whatever you said. I mean, if you take a look at the tremere and tzimisce vampire clans, they're far from that all dressed in black "i hate myself" and I wanna fuck goth girls stereotypical image.

Who, Michael Caine?

There is, however, a biblical character named CAIN; some dude who got nasty against his brother because his creator was a prick and preferred shepherds over farmers.

Yes, Vampire Dinosaurs.

That's it. Somebody has to make a game about this. It's just so original and free of any obvious gimmicks, IMO.

DarkJedi188 said:

I prefer poltergeists over vampires.
Thank you.

P.S.: Who's Cheney?

Dick Cheney, Mastermin--Vice president of the United States, also turns out to be a vampire.

Hey hey, fucking goth chicks isn't just a goth thing! ;) But I would like to see vampire dinosaurs...being rode by Nazis.

Wasn't the real first vampire...Vlad the Impaler?

DOOMinator said:

Hey hey, fucking goth chicks isn't just a goth thing! ;) But I would like to see vampire dinosaurs...being rode by Nazis.

Wasn't the real first vampire...Vlad the Impaler?

That's what they want you to think.

The real truth is that the vampire dinosaurs have already won, billions and billions of years ago. You see, Mars used to have a caramel chocolate coating, but now it is all gone - systematically devoured by countless generations of identical Cheney-spawn. These days, we use mars bars as a holy symbol of rememberance, a bit like those wierd cross things with that other hippie dude.

chilvence said:

The real truth is that the vampire dinosaurs have already won, billions and billions of years ago. You see, Mars used to have a caramel chocolate coating, but now it is all gone - systematically devoured by countless generations of identical Cheney-spawn. These days, we use mars bars as a holy symbol of rememberance, a bit like those wierd cross things with that other hippie dude.

But, all must have an opposite, Satan and Cheney were born at the same time, and emmediately made a pact to keep their message alive, even if one were to die. The Reese's Piece was born. It is a symbol of all that is evil in this world, crafted from the earth's evil center, and cooked in the blood of the Nazi Vampire Dinosaurs, these satanic pieces are what divide the earth between good and evil.

DOOMinator said:

This is gonna get helled, right?

If you can transform this from a ranting topic into an actual WAD-in-progress, then chances are more likely of the topic surviving...or at least a certain portion of it will survive.

Next person to mention helling the thread, or any sort or moderator related activity gets losered. Leave that to the mods (and listen to BBG.)

TheDarkArchon said:

football

Don't get me started. ;)

Skeletor said:

White Wolf'S VtM - now VtR - isn't your typical goth boy wanksta or whatever you said. I mean, if you take a look at the tremere and tzimisce vampire clans, they're far from that all dressed in black "i hate myself" and I wanna fuck goth girls stereotypical image.

I disagree. I think it pretty much defines the "goth boy wanksta". Look at the illustrations in the source books (I have them all). Look at the style, and the content of the text. Don't forget the ankhs, the red roses, the dark cloaks and trench coats, the piercings and tattoos... Read the self referential mythos with its self-important terms and titles, pseudo Latin, Greek, Aramaic etc words and internally fatalistic logic based on (admittedly quite cleverly) hi-jacking existing history, legend and folklore. It's all goth/indie "cool" vampires, out there, controlling everything yet struggling with their eternal internal (in more than one way) battles to an apocalyptic end. WW took all the "cool" things about vampires and distilled them into a very well marketed package that instantly appealed to gothy/indie type people. It had an edge, it was different and less safe or geeky (kind of) than traditional role playing fare. A very well made, well pitched product but so far up its own ass that I can't find a suitable metaphor to describe it. ;) Don't get me wrong. I loved playing it and I admired the product. But that doesn't mean it wasn't self-referential, self-important pish. Gothic? It claims as much itself. I don't think it has ever tried to pretend otherwise. Gothic in a more modern "Goth" sense. It's undeniable.

I also feel that it was very much a product fit for its time and that, even in revised form, creaks at the edges and feels old fashioned and out of place today. But old fashioned in that embarrassing, clothes from last decade way and not the cool anachronism flaw way.

Also, remember I said that such things end up as a goth-boy wank-fest (sorry for repeating the image ;) ). I didn't say they start that way. Having spent over 7 years running a regular fortnightly live action Vampire game (94-2001) as well as a number of very large convention games, peaking with almost 100 players, I can categorically state that the Tremere and Tzimisce attract just as many ridiculous gothy stereotype kids. In fact, probably more so. Perhaps they are less of the bleeding heart Torreador type but they still aspire to the high-cheekboned drark creature of the night image. In fact, one of my most ridiculous, over the top players played a Tzimisce who's entire reson d'etre seemed to be (as a powerful prince of the underworld) to stand at the top of any impressive looking staircase he could find, especially if the wind was blowing and billowing his cloak, just so that he could look cool. The Tremere always attracted the type of person who wanted to mix the idea of vampires with the alternative and "really cool" elements of dark magic and the occult into one uber-goth creation. Rarely were they ever played by a really good player who had thought out his character and actually played something worthwhile and genuinely different.

Enjay said:

Oh my dark inner self, how can I control the beast within me, how can I stop my inevitable slide into darkness, how can I keep my cheekbones so high and how can I stop split ends.

All valid and important questions.