Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Pinky Demon

Whoa...that's an excellent sculpture!

They should make a Warhammer 40k-type game for DOOM...we seem to have enough models. Just mold 'em and sell 'em!

Sweet! Now, where the hell is yours, Shapeless? :) We could have a 3-way Pinky Demon face-off instead of a 2-way.

mana sha twa pinky demon face off! I've got a Doom 3 Mancubus witht the head of the original Mancubus nearing completion :D

wana start a mancubus face off?

he he, Ken Scott said the artwork in D3 was inspired by Japanese art and some imbarasing human parts of anatomy.

some teeth are pushed in and I don't like the screws he tossed in there.

MmM there was another Pinky demon sculpture some made from Fimo. I caught on doom3maps.org but didn't save the pic.

don't worry one day I'll own :D

Damn. As if people didn't have enough problems with clowns already.

I'd be willing to go Mancubus-to-Mancubus with you, but only if I can do the original version--I don't like the Doom 3 version, the head reminds me too much of an elephant and comes off goofy looking IMO.

I checked out the link, but I couldn't find the model you mentioned. I don't read or speak German either, which didn't help the search.

I don't like the head either. that was one reason I never felt like finishing it. so I was left with two options either make the head exactly like Dr. Zoidberg or try and make it more like the original. I choose the second option. tho the first would have been funny. LOL. anyhoo. how about a face off bettween the two. that is make the body from D3 but try to invision how the face could have looked D2 style.

The original Mancubus design is superior to the Doom 3 incarnation in every way in my opinion. My Mancubus will be based entirely off the original. If you want to make a Doom 3 body for yours, that's fine. Their bodies are pretty similar, so I don't think it would make much difference if yours had a Doom 3 body and mine had a Doom 2 body. In the end, they're still going to be Mancubi regardless of what game you base your design on (hell, you could even do the Doom 64 version with the big ol' bandoliers and horns).

Now that I think about it, I know exactly what the Doom 3 Mancubus head looks like: Man-Thing from Marvel Comics (look it up on Google images if you're not familiar with the character and you'll see what I mean).

Whilst looking for some reference images of Mancubi, I stumbled upon this excellent rendition. Verily, we have been outdone already, Shapeless!

I believe that is the very model that id Software based the DOOM2 Mancubus on. If you check the picture's source, you'll find it's on John Romero's site.

That I didn't know, -_DLD_-. I saw 'romero' in the address when I found it, but didn't think anything of it until you mentioned it now. That is one badass figure. The paint ops are top notch, you can even see the veins underneath the skin. I don't think I'll be able to outdo it, but I'll try my best.

This is the gallery where you snagged the picture from. Most of the pictures in there are quite interesting, and the commentary is a pretty good read (the Revenant was a good one). It's a nice site.

Check it out.

your on MmM, but some people might be biast toward one design more then the other. I see that being a disadvantage. these boards are very old school. but what the hay :)

that was the model used by id sculpted by Greg Punchatz. while I can't match that incredible paint app I'm willing to challege his sculpting abilities. the face for instance doesn't look that good.

Actually, I didn't find the Mancubus pic at that webpage, -_DLD_-, it was on a message board when I found it with a Google image search (probably remote linked). Thanks for the Romero link though. That Revenant model is indeed very badass, much better looking than the final design IMO. The Spider Mastermind model is pretty cool too. That photo is definitely going into my DOOM folder at home for future reference/drooling over.

Well, I dunno, Shapeless. I would hope there wouldn't be any bias towards one design or another when it came to voting. This is more or less for fun anyway, there's no prize or anything.

Here's a preview of my Mancubus. The photo on the left is from the third day of construction. I started out with the head and then proceeded to make the legs. This is a little odd for me, as I usually don't jump from one part of the anatomy to another when I make a figure (i.e., normally, I would have proceeded to the upper body if I had finished the head/neck, rather than to the legs). The photo on the right is from the fifth day of construction. About 70% of the body has been completed at this point and the legs have been added. The head has not been attached yet, it is only resting on top of the body. I'm guessing I'll probably have Mr. Mancubus completed later this week. I'm shooting to get the body finished and upper arms started today and the tanks/guns/hoses tomorrow.

very cool MmM. here's what I've got done..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2238.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2232.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_2232.jpg

the back I will add more clay to once I back the whole peice. that way I don't distort/squish the front. I also won't be finished the front before I bake hte peice. I will have to add more clay later.

MmM the only prize is what we'er left with at the end ;)

Looking good so far, Shapeless. I know it's just in the rough stages right now, but the anatomy looks nice (the head might be a bit on the large side at this point, but I'm not sure what you're aiming for, so I don't know if that's what you want or not).

Anyway, fast bastard that I am, I completed mine this morning/afternoon. Here he is:

The mid-construction photo posted previously has also been updated to include a photo of a lovely pink version of my Mancubus taken during the seventh day of his birth.

And, as usual, here's the link to the figure's individual webpage. If anyone gives it a read, let me know what you think of how I imagined the Mancubus' weapon system works.

http://www.geocities.com/leedlebeetle/mancubus.html

Shapeless yours is a wonderfully done Doom 3 mancubus, while MmM's is more the classic version with a bit of a twist. In terms of originality I'd have to lean with MmM's but for solidly recreating an id design Shapeless gets top marks.

This has been a message from a resident mancubus.

hate to point shit out but...

the black tiger stripes on the original model are (as far as I know) the paint flaking off the latex sculpt.

sorry mang.

edit: looking at the sprite, maybe not... it's weird. Looks like the black bits are there to add faux depth to the manc's lard.

MmM said:

And, as usual, here's the link to the figure's individual webpage. If anyone gives it a read, let me know what you think of how I imagined the Mancubus' weapon system works.

Makes sence. But I allways thought it shot flaming fat at ya. Now that would be a crappy way to go. Death my flaming lard balls.

Great stuff MmM. I always injoy reading your fan fic related to the art peice. using your fat as ammo is an aweosme way to loose weight if it weren't for the constant replunishing of fat. I will adress the head size thank you. I thought it looked too big, but apperently does in some screenshots. I wan't to bake it soon and address the rest in more layers of sculpey. :)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I was just screwing around the other day and made these:

Yeah, I was surprised how good he looked with hair too. It's actually cat hair--we've got a black and white long-haired tomcat whose hair gets matted in big clumps when it gets tangled (and if you're wondering why we don't just comb him to prevent this, it's because he gets uber pissed if you try--growling, biting, hissing, the whole nine yards--it's easier to just cut them off with scissors).

Wow. Those model comics own. Awesome job, MmM(uffins?)!

And good job at mentioning Caco-Cola!

You've earned this: