Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigs

If you could be any of the enemies from doom...

WildWeasel said:

I'd be an imp. Not only would I be able to heave balls of fire at stuff, I'd also finally be able to open those damn potato chip bags without a pair of scissors (I swear they do that on purpose to make you feel weak).

YOU ARE WEAK! MUAHAHAHA!

The cyber demon doesn't have a hole in his crotch guys, it's in his stomach... -_-

he is technically, an enemy to the demons from hell
i'm kinda surprised no one picked the spider mastermind

Right, though I'm sure the title of the thread was refering to ememies of the player. Enemies of you. Baddies. As in all of the entries under the "Enemy" category of Things in editors such as WadAuthor.

And the Spider is pretty cool. Who wouldn't want to be a gigantic brain with a super-heavy machine gun and a full set of cybernetics?

I'd be the spectre, just because nobody's said that yet, and nobody probably would've anyways. Personally, I can think of a lot of better enemies that could've been invisible, but oh well.

It depends on whether it's temporary or permanant.

If permanant, I'd actually choose the SS soldier. I don't have anything against the Jews, but he's the only enemy that isn't a complete freak (though former humans come close). A change out of the SS uniform, and I could probably live a vaguely normal life, except I'd be bi-lingual and have a fast-firing rifle with infinite ammo.

If temporary, cacodemon. They can float, and they just plain look cool.

TheHighestTree said:

I'd be the spectre, just because nobody's said that yet, and nobody probably would've anyways.

Not quite.

Im surprised no one's picked Icon of Sin with the hole patched up. Im sure you could spawn some imps and have them put some drywall in front of that thing.

Amaster said:

Not quite.

Im surprised no one's picked Icon of Sin with the hole patched up. Im sure you could spawn some imps and have them put some drywall in front of that thing.

Amaster wins the thread.

Amaster said:

But after those imps that you spawned finish covering up your spawn-hole, what purpose will you serve then?
The forces of Hell will become extinct and it will be all your own fault!

LOL, that would be fun...You'll sing songs in reverse demon-tongue for the rest of your life, without ever spawning anything.
You'll turn from a dictator into a public entertainer!
I've alwyas wondered what "Jingle Bells" or "Rudolf" sounds like when it is being sung backwards.

I'd be an arch-vile so I could attack you while you'd do nothing (like in doom2), ressurect you and make you all my bitches. :p

Craigs said:

If you could be any of the demons from Doom and have all of their powers, what would it be and why?

Do you mean, in everyday, day-to-day living? Assuming that you don't want to kill everybody all the time, the Imp would probably be the best choice because it is humanoid and can talk, or can probably learn to talk. It can drive a car, buy things from a supermarket, open a can of beer and also open jars of pickled onions for the ladies.

Most of the other monsters would find it hard to lead a normal life. The mancubuses would be unable to drive cars, and I'm sure the bigger monsters would need huge amounts of food. And they would be arrested and locked up by the authorities for owning offensive weapons. And children would mock them, and society would spurn them, like the Fantastic Four's Thing.

The zombie humans are of course zombies, and it would be horrible to be a zombie because of the smell and the inarticulate desire to eat human brains. I wouldn't want to have to eat brains all the time, and I wouldn't want to stink like rotting flesh.

The barons would probably get a complex about being so large, and where would they buy clothes from? Same with the cyberdemon, which would be unable to support its own weight in our world; it would have instant enormous arthritis of all its joints and bones and would spend all its time lying down on painkillers.

No-one would take the Cacodemon seriously. Even if you were hurt, or in pain, or miserable or depressed, people would laugh at you all the time and poke you. They would pay for it, but they would never respect you as a cacodemon.

Perhaps if you were a baron of hell or a demon they would respect you, but there's more to life than just scratching or biting people or zapping them. There's culture, opera and so forth. Clearly the monsters can hear gunshots and punches, but can they understand music?

The arch-vile would be interesting, because it is humanoid and fast-moving and, alone of the monsters, looks a little bit graceful and svelte... perhaps you could get a job as a fashion model, if you were an arch-vile. Or you could become a religious figure, what with your ability to revive the dead.

The skulls are just silly. The chaingunners are vastly overweight and if you were a chaingunner you would be a constant guest on the Oprah Winfrey show, moaning about your inability to lose weight and/or make friends, given that you are fat and keep pointing a chaingun at the people you meet in the street. "Excuse me, miss, would you like to go to the cinema?", "Aaah, he's got a machinegun! Run!", "But I just want to be your friend" etc. I know from experience that if you are fat, and you carry a rubber sink plunger around, people run from you. Do not leave, it is not real.

Really, it would be a bleak life if you were a Doom monster. If you were the spider mastermind, birds would peck at your exposed brain, and you would be a magnet for the stinking zombies.

If Patrick Macnee from the Avengers had been a Doom monster, I would want to be him circa 1967, because he was stylish and probably had no trouble with the ladies.

If you were an invisible spectre you could spy on people as they undress, but what would happen if you had a stomach ache, and or you were ill? The doctor would ask you a question and you would just growl, or eat him. And then you might die of something that could have been prevented if it had been caught earlier. Suppose you want to go on holiday to Florida, how would a baron of hell fit in the aeroplane?

So therefore I conclude that the Imp would be best. His offensive weapons are all concealable. He can probably learn how to talk. He has spikes, but that's cool! He would wear clothes. I assume his tackle is hidden under his fur, or a flap, like a dolphin.

Lamancha said:

*Snip*

Did you consider the SS Soldier? Aside from people thinking you're a neo-nazi (which could be partially solved by a change of clothes), I don't see a problem.

SoldierOfFortune said:

Did you consider the SS Soldier? Aside from people thinking you're a neo-nazi (which could be partially solved by a change of clothes), I don't see a problem.

Good point - but they only speak German, and because of this they would find it hard to function in the real world. "Your groceries will be £14.67, do you have a Nectar card?", "Mein lieben?", "Do you have a Nectar card?", "Mein lieben?", and so on.

Also, military enthusiasts will constantly confuse you by pointing out that the Waffen SS wore standard field grey and, later in the war, early camouflage uniform, and not blue at all.

SoldierOfFortune said:

There's only one inherent flaw in being an SS Nazi: the fact that you'll sound like a zombie when you sustain injuries. And you'll look really stupid wearing body armor all the time to prevent such a thing.

And despite the fact that you have an automatic rifle with infinite ammo, it'd be exceedingly weak, horribly inaccurate, and against all kinds of international/national/state/city laws.

Lamancha said:

Good point - but they only speak German, and because of this they would find it hard to function in the real world. "Your groceries will be £14.67, do you have a Nectar card?", "Mein lieben?", "Do you have a Nectar card?", "Mein lieben?", and so on.

Well I was assuming (yes, I know what they say about that) that you'd keep all of your memories and such. You claimed the imp could learn to talk, so I don't see why an SS Soldier would have problems saying things other than "mein lieben".

Lamancha said:

Also, military enthusiasts will constantly confuse you by pointing out that the Waffen SS wore standard field grey and, later in the war, early camouflage uniform, and not blue at all.

I gave them an all-green uniform in my mod for SOD.
They're still one of my favourite enemies to this day...aside from the revenants and the arachnotrons.