Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gautigoth

Master Levels, how to install them?

Hi! I just started to play DooM again and wanted to play the Master Levels from Id. I just can't get it to work. The manual says "quit to DOS". So far no problem. Then I'm supposed to write "D:" if that's my CD-player. Well, my two CD-players are D and E and neither seems to work in DOS. The only message I get is "wrong command or wrong file" (translated from Swedish).

I have Windows98. The manual is for Windows95, but I hope that's not the problem. I'm no expert in DOS as you probably figure. Is the manual wrong or is it just me? I would really appreciate some help on this, thank you.

Don't even bother with the directions that come with the CD. When you open up the Master Levels CD there should be two folders: one for the Master Levels, one for Maximum Doom. Simply copy and paste the wads to where ever you want them.

heh, i have master levels too but i only bought the thing to get the poster cuz i got it for about $1.4..ive never tried any of the maps on the cd

The Master Levels themselves aren't too bad (I haven't played them in years though), but 99% of the Maximum Doom levels are trash. But, if you payed for the levels you might as well play them, IMO.