Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

First level ever!

i got my first level done ever, and it works for the most part, i know i am a newbie but i thought that i might as well let a couple people play it to see what needs to be tweaked in my building skill.

i dont got a place to put the level up so if anyone wants to play it give me your Email and ill send them to you.

Want to upload it for constructive criticism without having to subject yourself to /newstuff? Try uploading it somewhere like here.

blah.. its being annoyingand it wont let me create an account, just give me your pass and ill send you the file.. e.e;

I suppose you could use http://www.megaupload.com, but it's one of the slowest sites I've ever seen. You could make a Yahoo account and host them on Geocities. Or, you could bite the bullet and use /Newstuff. Okay, those aren't the greatest solutions but that's all I can think of.

EDIT: Also, it generally isn't a good idea to release your first level, or your fifth, or your twelfth. But if you really think this is good enough for public release, I won't stop you.

SoldierOfFortune said:

EDIT: Also, it generally isn't a good idea to release your first level, or your fifth, or your twelfth. But if you really think this is good enough for public release, I won't stop you.

Meh, I did just to get some constructive criticism, since nobody flamed me. I just got basic pointers I could take into account next time I made the level. Just don't release anything "newbish" in /newstuff or you will get laughed at.

Ah yes...about the e-mail.

Remember, if you want to e-mail somebody, try clicking there first. I'm one of those who disabled hidden e-mail addresses.

well its dark for a reason ( which i will explain now. )

This level is the first level in a megawad I want to do (named Dantes inferno after the peice of writing with the same basic theme.)

well anyways the plot goes like this:

after you have Defeated the two demon lords in "plutonia" and "evilution" You have sucummbed to your wounds, not from blood loss but by a virus that you picked up: an infection that took you in your sleep. the day after your body is placed in a casket and then into a stone tomb that they built for there biggest hero ( You had to have something to show your efforts for the earth.)

Well a couple days past and your soul is pulled from its slumber: heaven has decided that you have been judged as unpure. (which isnt true, but hells influance forced this on your soul.) and it turns out your fate lies within your enternal trip.. from your grave to the deepest pits in hell..

(( well the level i put here is the crypt.. its dark because its usually dark. i fixed some of the stuff i missed in some of the rooms and im working on the second level as we speak. and thanks for those who gave my little level any attention, and thanks for the critism i have gotten so far. ))

Edit: It turns out that this will be just a test level, as i have found a gothic textures pack and start on a new level for the first one.. but my thanks for your critisisms and your playing my level is duely noted.

thank you, but.. when i get some screenshots of the level im working on now, i will put it on a website that i got ( well an msn group )

SoldierOfFortune said:

I can't see your screenshots; the link seems broken. This is just a suggestion, but you may want to host them at http://www.imageshack.us; it's an excellent image hosting site.

Copy and paste one of the two links in your adress bar and hit enter, it works for me.

Ah, I see now; I was confused because URLs don't normally contain spaces.

It's excellent for a first attempt, but I think you should either brighten it up a bit or add some light-amp goggles.

i did add a pair, in the hall with all the imps ( right with a second supershotgun and the blue keycard. ) but in the next map ill add more.

pcorf said:

Send me the map in a zipfile along with a .txt file and I will upload it to the archives for you. pcorfiatis@our.net.au

I will get to it as soon as i get it redone with a few other maps.. i plan to use it in a wad as soon as i can find an idea for the second level.