Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

[newproject] Demon's Crest DOOM

Or Arremer deathmatch, or whatever along the lines. Basically it's a DM wad based around Demon's Crest, a 1994 SNES game by CAPCOM which features a sexy gargoyle for the main player. The game is rather atmospherical and each level is pretty unique.

so far I have no levels done, but i've set up the mapinfo and converted the music to .it format, and works in zdoom! Aiming for Zdaemon/Skulltag Deathmatch. The new palette is finished (YEAH ITLL BE TC-ISH) and makes doom look fubar, of course

I think it could be pulled off well. No you won't be able to fly, though that would probably warrant a seperate addon wad to have a more gargoyle-like gameplay setup.

It'd be 10 deathmatch levels, only excluding one level from the game. (a secret sublevel)

It's a community project, sorta. unfortunately you'll have to rip your own textures from the game though :( (hey, i'm not a good texturer either), palette file here. (bmp so you can make your own palette in whatever app you use)

MAP01 (Coliseum) : gargoylol
MAP02 (Ruined City) : Rottking?
MAP03 (Secret Caves) :
MAP04 (Dark Forest) : Firebrand
MAP05 (Cursed Towers) : deathz0r
MAP06 (Underwater Ruins/Water Temple) : Rottking
MAP07 (Snowy Barrens) :
MAP08 (Ice Fortress) : deathz0r
MAP09 (Palace of Decadence) :
MAP10 (Final Showdown) :
MAP11 (SECRET 1) : gargoylol
MAP12 (SECRET 2) :

Since sprites are also getting replaced in favor of level-specific decor, i'll do a list of USED/RESERVED sprites here too:

Small Green column = MAP01 Broken Hippogriff statue
Tall Green column = MAP01 Hippogriff statue
Tall Red Torch = MAP01 Tree w/ torch

ALSO DONT FORGET, I HAVE A PRIVATE DEV FORUM OF THE WAD AT firebrand community WHERE MAPERS SHARE STUFE

I've checked out the game and it looks really nice. I wonder what you'll make out of it.
As for the flying, perhaps you can lower the gravity so that the demon can 'fly' for a short period of time if he jumps.
Anyway, good luck. I'd love to help on this one but unfortulately I have a project to finish myself.

Those textures need quite a bit of work, in all honesty - I know you're going for the "authentic" look, but the textures could use a bit less color contrast - the grass texture alone is rather odd-looking.

I'm going to use an unfinished UDM3 map for MAP08; it's a castle-ish layout that was about 25% complete and undetailed. There's not much to see since it hasn't been touched since mid-2004 but screenies regardless:

Coincidentally, this was meant to be MAP08 of UDM3. I smell a conspiracy!

Scuba Steve said:

Man, Jute where have you been?

The combination of horrific computer trouble and horrific academic workload kept me away for a while. Thankfully I'm finally back in action.

Seeing as everyone's signed up and just developing DM, probably not.

edit: I like the idea, screenshots look weird, but in motion it might work out alright.

gargoylol said:

I think it could be pulled off well. No you won't be able to fly, though that would probably warrant a seperate addon wad to have a more gargoyle-like gameplay setup.

Why not? Just include the wings of wrath from Heretic.

kristus said:

Why not? Just include the wings of wrath from Heretic.

I think he means because gargoyles don't need a powerup, they can fly at will. Just set the server to play with 0 gravity.

This project seems very cool.
Here's something you gargoyle lovers may find atractive.
http://www.generation-snes.net/Soluces/Action/Demons_Crest/Art.jpg
http://magicteam.nm.ru/images/trans/DCrest/DCrest3.png

Most probably you already know but there are many web sites with ripped graphics from Snes games. Too bad that most of Demon's Crest sprites are in a "wrong" angle for DOOM.

haha vegeta

you realize that I host 3 Firebrand-related sites on my website, do you, full of sprite rips, artwork and everything

inspeaking of which, Firebrand made a sbar face, and yes

For the status bar, what colour will you make the blood? (I just need to ask because Nintendo likes to make anything that is supposed to be red green)

What sorts of things can we expect from this project? Is it going to have schops using zdoom's strife abilities? How will it play like the Demon's crest games, if at all?