Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-_DLD_-

Why Did You Choose Your Avatar?

I've had this one ready for a while, should the opportunity to use it ever arise:

It's a resized version of this avatar:

which I use on most other forums.

It's taken from the 'Anarki' skin in Q3A. No idea why I decided to use it, just thought it looked cool. I was also hoping that it was some sort of indicator as to what the lost souls in Doom 3 might look like. I was quite disappointed when I saw the flaming manakin heads.

Little Faith said:

Well, mine is a selfmade image of one of my carnifexes from back when I still played Warhammer 40000

Oops, I thought it was some sort of moth, heh.

Well, looks like I'm back to my first avatar. I would keep using the upside-down fish, but now DD_133 uses it, and before him, no regular members were using it, and now this blue lost soul isn't as frequent as it used to be, so it's back to the classics. I would just request an avatar like the rest of the guys in this thread, but I don't really have anything to change to.

Because Hexen is a good game and I want to persuade and remind the mappers around here to make WADs for it....And not just any WADS, but particularly Singleplayer WADs. There's too much Hexen Deathmatch out there, and not enough decent Hexen Singleplayer.

I'd try to make a Hexen Singleplayer WAD myself, but unfortunately my preferred editor of choice - WinDEU doesn't have support for Hexen.

So, I'm using the avatar to hopefully motivate & inspire those people who are accustomed to using those editors which CAN handle Hexen.

DarkJedi188 said:

Because Hexen is a good game and I want to persuade and remind the mappers around here to make WADs for it....And not just any WADS, but particularly Singleplayer WADs. There's too much Hexen Deathmatch out there, and not enough decent Hexen Singleplayer.

I'd try to make a Hexen Singleplayer WAD myself, but unfortunately my preferred editor of choice - WinDEU doesn't have support for Hexen.

So, I'm using the avatar to hopefully motivate & inspire those people who are accustomed to using those editors which CAN handle Hexen.

I was thinking of finishing mine eventually.. like when mordeth resurfaces.

I chose mine because I used to love that game, but that must have been over two years ago - that I chose this avatar, that is.