Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nimrod

monsters weapon

just had a great idea for new weapons. when you can have all of the enemies fireballs/weapons-
1. imp's fireball
2. cacodemon's fireball
3. hell knight/baron of hell fireball
4. arachnotron's plazma ball
5. pain elemental's lost-soul-spiting
6. revenent's missile
7. mancubus fireball
8. some weapon that allows you to burn monsters and revive other ppl, like the archvile can.
9. spider mastermind's chaingun
0. switch between the zoombie/sargent/heavy weapon dude/cyberdemon weapon.
what do you think? :}

Even though 4 and 9 would be too powerful, I think that would be a lot cooler for dm than sp. Would need dedicated maps though. Archvile thing would be the equivalent of BFG, and maps could have dead monsters placed about that you can revive into your service.
The problem is finding someone willing to do the script and custom sprites (though sprite's aren't really necessary for a beta version, you could make simple sprites using the quake 2 style of showing what gun you're using if you have "show weapon" off).
Anyhow, scripting isn't my cup of tea, and I can imagine changing most of the weapon stats and behaviors, and adding things like the revenant's homing missles (ROTT, anyone?), lost soul shooting, and the archvile bit would be a serious pain in the ass. And also generating monsters that are on your side, but attack when you anger them, in an online game is probably a tough bit of script (then again I know nothing about it).
But yes, it would be an interesting and maybe even great modifier for online play, maybe even in other game modes such as ctf and lms...
I think in single player it'd get tiresome quick, though. Most sp WADs that try and implement monster weapons are pretty bad, "most" meaning all the ones that I've played.

If your using ZDoom, you can just use a console command to spawn the entitys. Like I could bind mouse2 to summon an impfireball and everytime I hit mouse2 I shoot fireballs so a need for a custom wad for monster attacks isnt really needed to do enemy attacks.

Yeah but you could shoot arachnotron's plasma, imp, baron fire balls, and so on, all at the same time by pressing the keys together. And about the archvile attack, I'm not sure if that's posible (without coding)

but imagine how great it would be if you could just blow off marines using archvile attack...
and maybe for geting ammo for each weapon you need to to stand on dead monsters bodies and its automaticly turns them into ammo...
oh yea... it really awakes my apetite.
if i could only find someone that will make that for me

Morris said:

Even though 4....would be too powerful

O_O

The Arachnotrons Plasma Gun is the same as the players but with a lower ROF and green projectiles.

And the spidermasterminds chaingun is pretty much the same as the players. In skulltag there's a minigun version that is much faster too.

kristus said:

And the spidermasterminds chaingun is pretty much the same as the players.

In response to "Does the spidermind have a Chain-Shotgun?" on Wikipedia, I wrote

Absolutely certain: Look here http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9986/spiderframes5pc.jpg (The image is large)

Also, from the Doom source:

{SPR_SPID,32768,20,{A_FaceTarget},S_SPID_ATK2,0,0},	// S_SPID_ATK1
   {SPR_SPID,32774,4,{A_SPosAttack},S_SPID_ATK3,0,0},	// S_SPID_ATK2
   {SPR_SPID,32775,4,{A_SPosAttack},S_SPID_ATK4,0,0},	// S_SPID_ATK3
   {SPR_SPID,32775,1,{A_SpidRefire},S_SPID_ATK2,0,0},	// S_SPID_ATK4
EDIT: Clarification: A_SPosAttack is the Shotgun Guy's attack codepointer

TheDarkArchon said:

The Arachnotrons Plasma Gun is the same as the players but with a lower ROF and green projectiles.

And I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that the arach had a stronger plasma fire, but I haven't really looked anything up on monster stats in a while.

kristus said:

And the spidermasterminds chaingun is pretty much the same as the players. In skulltag there's a minigun version that is much faster too.

nope. the spider mastermind has a superchaingun that shoots faster that the players chaingun.