Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Playing as the monsters

I did a forum search and didn't find anything, so don't blame me if this thread has already been done...

Anyway, I always thought it'd be cool if someone made a mod that allowed you to play as any enemy from Doom, from the nazis to the cybies and everything in between. It would require some nice weapon art and some heavy modding to emulate the enemies' hitpoints, attack method, speed, etc., but I think it could be done. If this has been done, or is in the process of being done, I'd appreciate a link!

Since GoatLord seems newish (EDIT THREE SECONDS LATER: he's not) here I'll explain gargoylol's post.

DooM: Rampage Edition was a good idea in theory--play as an exiled Baron of Hell and fight Marines and demons alike. Unfortunately, DRE turned out to be the most boring 32 maps ever created, requiring an outdated version of zDooM and a high level of tolerance for the creator's overinflated ego. I believe it was deathz0r who said he could "pull a better wad out of [his] ass", and that is exactly what outmyass.wad is--a "play-as-Baron" mod that doesn't suck. OK, I think my job here is done.

It's called Spice Zdoom. Too bad it only works for an early version of Zdoom and crashes frequently. Maybe someone can update it? ;/

I remember an old what that replaced the fist and pistol with imp hands, and fire ball attack, if I only could find the name. Look in the oficial DOOM faq (mods section) and search for "replace with imps" or something like that, if you're interesed. Still as old as it is most probably it's not what you're looking for.