• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AngelOfDeath

Doom 3 Or Quake 4

Witch game will be available first.
I would thing Doom since Quake will use that engine , but
I hear Id has Raven either devoloping Quake 4 now or starting soon.

Also how do you think Raven will do with quake 4.
I think they make great games , but I wonder if they can recreate the quake feeling

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

I don't know the development cycles for previous Raven games, but considering that Doom was started about a year earlier than Quake 4, I'd say Doom will be released first.

The Quake 2 setting (can't really call it a story) has great potential, especially in a game powered by id's new engine technology. But no matter what way you look at it, it's way too early to say.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Doom 3 will hit the stores first. Taking into consideration how uptight they've been about releasing screens and general info from the game, I don't think they'll display the Doom 3 engine through Quake 4 first, also remember: Doom is id's "baby".

I haven't heard anything about Quake 4. Are you guys sure it's even being discussed by anyone important?

DC

I don't care about much of Quake. I have never felt anything special about it ever since I started playing it. So far, public has only seen a picture of a freak' pink-skinned monster within a blue suit from so-called Quake4. Oh well, who would really care? I bet Doom3 can beat the crap out of Quake4 even though it's a year older than it.

I haven't heard anything about Quake 4. Are you guys sure it's even being discussed by anyone important?

DC

Quake 4 was announced. I think you can read about it on the
activision website in the news section. It will use the
Doom 3 engine , and it will be developed by Raven not Id

I don't care about much of Quake. I have never felt anything special about it ever since I started playing it. So far, public has only seen a picture of a freak' pink-skinned monster within a blue suit from so-called Quake4. Oh well, who would really care? I bet Doom3 can beat the crap out of Quake4 even though it's a year older than it.

Yeah, let's hope Doom 3 shows it's superiority over Quake 4, but I still think that the fact about Quake 4 using the Doom 3 engine is interesting (and Quake 2 was the only Quake game I liked because of it's "similarities" with Doom, so I'm quite interested to see how the Strogg concept turn out when powered by the Doom 3 engine).

Quake 2 rocks. I'm hoping this one is as good as DooM.

It sure does!

I just hope (and expect) that Quake 4 will focus on different gameplay aspects and use the D3 engine differently. Both game universes have similarities (Q2 had similarities to Doom at least), but Quake 4'll be about cyborgs and Doom 3'll be about demons, so naturally I expect Doom 3 to be a scary game, while Quake 4 will satisfy all the sci-fi hi-tech freaks and give us a good War atmosphere.

It's amusing to note that 90% of the people on these forums will like Q4 infinitely more than D3.

Don't bother arguing. You're wrong.

It's amusing to note that 90% of the people on these forums will like Q4 infinitely more than D3.

Don't bother arguing. You're wrong.

Well, at least I don't know yet (but I *think* I'll like Doom 3 the most), it depends how the games turn out.

If it turns out that "Doom 3" lets me down severely, but that Quake 4 kicks arse, THEN I'll like Quake 4 the most.

But so far I like what I saw ('cept the "pinkie's" horns) in the macworld video and in the German video I got tempted to watch (damn I hope no more videos get released, they'll take out the enjoyment of the new engine!).

And so far I plan on buying "Doom 3" but not Quake 4, unless Quake 4 turns out to be exceptional and not be too much like D3 gameplay wise.

If both games end up being GOOD, I'll like DooM 3 more just for the simple fact that scary games tend to be more inmersive. I don't know why, but it seems that being frightened tends to make you forget about the real world.

That doesn't mean I won't play Quake 4. Hell, I bought almost every single FPS out there, each one has it own share of great features.

i found quake1 similar to DOOM,the atmosphere in quake 2 is not the same as in DOOM.it kinda has futuristic and war atmosphere like unreal or red faction,but that is good thing.DOOM3 is supposed to be creepy ,and QUAKE4's atmosphere (and maybe gamplay) will not be anything look like DOOM3 at all, IMO.

i found quake1 similar to DOOM,the atmosphere in quake 2 is not the same as in DOOM.it kinda has futuristic and war atmosphere like unreal or red faction,but that is good thing.DOOM3 is supposed to be creepy ,and QUAKE4's atmosphere (and maybe gamplay) will not be anything look like DOOM3 at all, IMO.

Quake DID have similarities with Doom, but the brown colours made technology-stuff in the game look like they were technically inferior to those in Doom.

Right, Quake 2 does not have the atmosphere in common with Doom, but a lot of small details (Weak human-like enemies, that could easily be killed by one shotgun-blast, BFG, chaingun and others) are similar and that's what made me prefer Quake 2 over Quake (1). I especially loved the chaingun back then - finally a minigun-style weapon with a spin-up delay, rotating sounds, and a FAST firing rate....
..of course NOW they are all like that (so far, only RtCW's "venom" gun has outdone Q 2's chaingun IMHO).

And I hope that Quake 4's atmosphere surpasses all previous games in terms of futuristic war atmosphere, while Doom 3 surpasses all previous games in terms of creepy atmosphere.