Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Doom tattoos

EDIT: I managed to get the first picture working.

I searched for Doom-related tattoos and only found these:

And this one

http://www.darkdragon.us/photos/albums/userpics/10001/will%20doom%20arm.jpg

So the question is, would any of you plan to get Doom tattoos? I want to get the Icon of Sin goat on my back, but with an inverted cross in place of the evescirated cranium. I also plan to get a lost soul somewhere on me, possibly the Doom 64 Pain Elemental, and possibly a texture or two (particularly the skull switch/corpses one on Map30).

Second one is pretty cool, but as for your tattoo idea, I wouldnt do it, first off, the Icon of Sin is actually a satanic god Baphomet, and an inverted cross doesnt particularly scream "I'm not homicidal" either.

Unless you're a satanist, those tattoos wouldnt be particularly smart choices...

I don't think I would have the balls to get a Doom character on me. But since we're on topic a cacodemon on my ball sack would be great for parties.

I agree with Comiclez about a tattoo of the Baphomet. Unless you’re a Satanist or emo I wouldn't suggest it getting it.

I'm far too much of a sissy to get a tat, otherwise I would consider it.

I'd probably get myself a nice cute Cacodemon.

I saw a picture somewhere of someone with a caco tattoo, not sure if it was the first one posted since it is an X now.

Comiclez said:

Second one is pretty cool, but as for your tattoo idea, I wouldnt do it, first off, the Icon of Sin is actually a satanic god Baphomet, and an inverted cross doesnt particularly scream "I'm not homicidal" either.

Unless you're a satanist, those tattoos wouldnt be particularly smart choices...

Well, the reason I would get the Icon of Sin is because I find the artwork visually appealing. Me appreciating artwork some might deem as "Satanic" does not make me Satanic or a Satanist. I plan to get the inverted cross as a way of representing my rejection of Christianity. In a way, it also represents my embracing of sinfulness and depravity, qualities that are natural human instinct, if anything else. This might seem strange and I'm sure some would dismiss it as "shock aesthetic," but that's my explanation. Combining this philosophy with the "Icon of Sin" seems logical in my mind.

GoatLord said:

Well, the reason I would get the Icon of Sin is because I find the artwork visually appealing. Me appreciating artwork some might deem as "Satanic" does not make me Satanic or a Satanist. I plan to get the inverted cross as a way of representing my rejection of Christianity. In a way, it also represents my embracing of sinfulness and depravity, qualities that are natural human instinct, if anything else. This might seem strange and I'm sure some would dismiss it as "shock aesthetic," but that's my explanation. Combining this philosophy with the "Icon of Sin" seems logical in my mind.

I'm not saying I believe it to be Satanic, I'm actually telling you that it is a satanic symbol! I mean, put whatever on your body that you want, I really could care less.

I've always been fascinated by demonic and satanic artwork anyway, so naturally this tattoo would have a particular appeal to me. That's part of why Doom has had such a strong appeal to me too.

GoatLord said:

Well then you might as well go for broke and get some tatoos of H.R. Giger's work.

If I got any Doom tattoo, I'd make it the ouchface - just to see how many people recognized it.

But then, I despise tattoos in all forms, and would rather avoid them at all costs.

those goat faces found in doom walls are awesome. the shitty US blackmetal band goatwhore uses one of them in their logo.

dutch devil said:

That second tattoo looks very ugly, if I ever get one (I doubt that will ever happen)it will stay uncolored.

Not to mention the perspective looks totally fucked up.

ummmm.....i'd get a tattoo of the quake 3 logo preferably so that it curved around the bicep.and nearly met on the other side. The advantage being where the ends don't meet is supposed to be one of the most painful places to get tattoos.

But doom related, i'd get a black and white partial cyberdemon that you get at the top of doomworld's banner. the bottom half probably cut off by something like the DooM logo. but it would be a GOOD DooM logo. That second one desperately sux. In fact preferably the modernised DooM 3 one.

GoatLord said:

...my rejection of Christianity. In a way, it also represents my embracing of sinfulness and depravity, qualities that are natural human instinct ... some would dismiss it as "shock aesthetic,"... Combining this philosophy with the "Icon of Sin" seems logical in my mind.

For the last line, if you had said "...Combining this philosophy with the word 'Satanism'...", you would have been right on the dot. I think it's funny that people still think that the Christian version of Satanism really exists. In latin, "Satan" translates directly to "the adversary". Thus, why they are named as such. The notion that Satanists are homicidal, murderous, immoral, or evil is ridiculous. Some Satanic artists play off this stereotype as a self-parody, but the truth is that the Satanic philosophy embraces truth, honor, chivalry, and perfectionism.
Anyhow, back on topic.
I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo from a video game.
Then again, the "you'll regret it" line is generally BS, unless you really do get something stupid. A tattoo represents something to you, and even if your ideals or lifestyle changes 10 years down the road, it still represents something that was once a part of you.
I have several, and they all represent something deep to me. I usually get them when I make a great accomplishment or major change in my life. One of them (an over-detailed evil looking dragon)isn't really my style anymore, but I still love the tattoo because it represents my triumph over some really bad things that were going on in my life. It stands as a badge and a reminder to myself about what I've done, as do all my other ones.
I just can't see a videogame tattoo having that kind of power, and thus, to me is pointless. However, GoatLord, since you do seem to have some meaning to yours, go for it. But as it is a strong and general image by today's standards, just make sure it isn't something you might change your mind about 20 years from now.

Wow. That was really deep, bro. I definitely appreciate your input on my idea for a tattoo. You're right, though--it's quite possible that 20 years from now, I may not have the live fast, die young ideals that make so much sense to me now. But even if I buckle down and decide I've had enough sin and depravity for one lifetime, the tattoo will still mean something to me because it will have represented how I felt at that particular time in my life. To me it's more than just a "cool tattoo from a video game."

that sounds like the Sith who say that they are simply for power and giving into thier desires and living for themselves. It sounds good philosphically, but look at them in reality, it causes the person to degenerate and decay. Or if you dont appreciate Star Wars and nerd comparisons, look at Macbeth by Shakespeare.

insertwackynamehere said:

that sounds like the Sith who say that they are simply for power and giving into thier desires and living for themselves. It sounds good philosphically, but look at them in reality, it causes the person to degenerate and decay. Or if you dont appreciate Star Wars and nerd comparisons, look at Macbeth by Shakespeare.

I find it a bit humorous you are saying "look at the Sith in real life"...

Mancubus II said:

The Dark Side clouds everything.

Mancubus II said:

Honestly, I found it more humorous that he compared something in "real life" to something in a script written by George Lucas. edit: and one of Shakespear's more melodramatic works.

Comiclez said:

How judgmental and biased.

I wouldn't get a tattoo since I despise the idea of permanently blemishing your skin and dislike the overall look of tattoos.

I used to want to get at least 1 tatoo but after I realised how much time I spend at the gym I thought it would be best left alone. I don't want to get a tatoo only to find it get all ugly and stretched a few years down the line.
And why anyone would get a tatoo on the bicep is beyone me. Get it put somewhere less likely to change size over time, it won't look nice in the end otherwise.