Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Wads that make good use of the Icon of Sin

The last level of Community Chest 1 and the Revolution! have great showdowns with the Icon of Sin. Both the CC level and TVR! were created by the same person, Thomas van der Velden. I've also heard that Biowar has a good version of Baphomet.

While Kama sutra was intresting, and slightly disturbing. I find Dystopia3 having the best use of it.

There was a speedmapping excercise where we were supposed to make the last map for Doom2. Most of them used the icon of sin, more or less inventive.

Well, it's not exactly a battle with the icon of sin, but Map04 of Equinox made awesome use of the death effect - pull the switch and the whole place just goes up in flames. It's worth blowing through that level just to see it.

Not an Icon of Sin persay, but the last boss (not the one in the secret level) of Action DooM made me OMGWTF the first time I saw it.

IIRC, 1337.wad had a few icon of sin maps near the end :P

It's a good question though, I've never seen it implemented a way beyond "ok here's an icon of sin to end this map/episode/megawad".

Congestion 1024 makes good use of the Icon of Sin in my opinion. It involves staying alive for a long time while cramped around monsters.

I've never played Kama Sutra until yesterdaty, but I imagined that the Icon of sin was a woman (kinda) "giving birth" to demons. And My idea was confirmed as it was really what I thought it would be., I couldn't stop launghing when I realized what the oddly shaped building with the kin-tones was.

But personally, congestion 1024 is probbaly one of the most creative and detailed wad i've played this year. The use of the Icon of Sin is very impressive mixed with the incredible level that was squished into that tiny square; all done on normal Doom2/Boom format too, I was amazed.

:D

(hey dont forget that there are differences between doom2/prboom formats, KS map30 was made for vanilla doom2)

Well the map30 which amazed me the most were cyberdreams !!!
And for example... eternal doom - the last map was perfect, except the boss place itself...

I liked the icon sin arena Erik made for a project he and Fredrik was working on but never released. I wonder if he ever released that level.

EDIT: Found it, it's map09 in bldnight.wad.

I remember great stx-Vile's run through that map. There is a hard task - hit the brain while you are falling down to the pit - and three times in a row. I agree this was a great idea and great map.

I agree with most of you. I also love the final level of Kama Sutra, a huge female figure giving birth to hellspawn. Gotta love the embryo inside her, the unborn child consisitng of the Romero head on a stick.

But Twilight Zone 1 map30 is my all time favourite, 6 spawn cube shooters, 3 on each side and two shootable switches within the icon.