Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

Doom Builder and Custom monster sprites...

Okay, im using monsters from the MRW.. ( well some monsters put into one wad ) and when i tested the wad out and put the wad into Zdoom with the test map.. i got a Diamond with a ! in the middle instead of the monster i put there ( its similar to the "you fail" medal you get in skulltag) .... what did i do wrong?

yes.. i know that, but it shouldnt be missing because i added the wad that had the sprite in WITH the test map that i was using.. should i merge the two together??.. i got the pak so i can use a new one if it goes wrong.

the most likely problem is that either you named the sprites wrong in your wad, or you named it wrong within you decorate. Another mistake is naming the frame set incorrectly. A sprite name has 4 letters, then the frame name (a-z ,[,],;). If you accidentally added extra character when you named them, then you wont get the sprite to show up.

I assumed that you dragged the sprites from the MRM wad directly. If you are using XWE, sometimes it doesn't work since it goes into the GFX section of your wad. if You use Wintex to paste them, it should work better. If one of the above two are true, then you must have named your decorate incorrectly. Go check your decorate lump.

Ezxariarch said:

the most likely problem is that either you named the sprites wrong in your wad, or you named it wrong within you decorate. Another mistake is naming the frame set incorrectly. A sprite name has 4 letters, then the frame name (a-z ,[,],;). If you accidentally added extra character when you named them, then you wont get the sprite to show up.

I assumed that you dragged the sprites from the MRM wad directly. If you are using XWE, sometimes it doesn't work since it goes into the GFX section of your wad. if You use Wintex to paste them, it should work better. If one of the above two are true, then you must have named your decorate incorrectly. Go check your decorate lump.

thanks.. but i gave up on the MRW since i moved to ST, so thanks and i will remember what you said. .-.