Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

Hell Knight Bust

As Shapeless has already indicated, this is NOT his work, DaJuice.

Anyway, this is a beautiful bust. The upper body is flawless in my opinion. The only nitpick I have is the way the artist chose to do the base: It gives a somewhat misleading suggestion of what the larger anatomy of the Baron is, I think a base that contrasts with the form of the figure (rock, machinery, doom 3 logo, etc.) rather than one that is continuous with it, would look better. Certainly what has been done here is more than acceptable, but that's generally not what one sees in bust bases on the market today.

Looks very cool indeed, still I think that it looks more like one of the Hunters from ROE (yeah a modified Hell Knight I know)

The base looks a lot better now, but I still think something that contrasts more with the figure would have looked better, rather than a continuation of the organic element. Excellent rendition regardless; my hat's off to the sculptor.

Wow, this really turned out a lot differently than I though it would. The base looks a lot better with the 'your Hell awaits' sign on it and contrasting paint job. Excellent stuff, he should get a licensing deal with ID software and mass produce it; I'm sure it'd be a good seller.

Selling artwork depicting copyrighted material, without a licensing agreement, besides being completely illegal, shows a great deal of disrespect toward ID Software. I see no mention of ID Software anywhere, so I very much doubt this guy has any kind of deal with them. He's a criminal, plain and simple. I have zero respect for artists that go around illegally profiting from the intellectual properties of others.

I agree that he should mention and credit id software. but is it really that bad that he's selling a limited quantity of Hellknight busts? Shyhook model kits sold doom miniatures without a licence and let's not forget, the doom movie statues sold on e-bay. that made the front page on this site.

Yes, it is really that bad that he, or anyone else who does the same, is ripping off ID Software. One can come up with all sorts of rationalizations/justifications/arguments of moral relativism as to why its 'ok', but in the end it's still wrong to illegally profit from someone else's copyrighted ideas/likenesses. If I was ID Software, I'd sue for copyright infringement, and I'd win. As I said before, the proper thing to do is to get a licensing agreement from ID Software. As long as your terms were fair/reasonable (I don't know--maybe something like a third/quarter of the profits going to ID), I think ID would be willing to work with an artist(s) to get these types of things distributed and sold.

"One can come up with all sorts of rationalizations/justifications/arguments of moral relativism as to why its 'ok'"

well that's true. but you can rip-off/borrow idea's. just as long as they aren't exactly the same. tho how much you borrow will determin weather something is inspired by, or a blatant rip-off. some people say the Hellknight looks like a rip-off of Aleins. I don't see a strong resemblence, but that's just me.

You don't see a strong resemblance? I don't think the resemblance could get any stronger. And the fact that both just happen to be called Hell Knights means nothing?

Actually he calls it Hell awaits. but I was talking about the Hellknight resembling and alein from aleins. I think the half human one with a skullish face.

That bust is obviously from d3, theere's no denying that. :)