Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Community Information Thread

Tormentor667 said:

ZIPped something about ~30MB, but quite not sure... the soundtrack is 20MB and the unzipped data of maps, resources and stuff is 60MB (but that might decrease or increase while we are developing the maps and resources)

Holy shit! That makes me feel better about happy time circus 2 which is currently around 10 to 11 megs unzipped. I don't mind downloading something that big though. I'm am looking forward to seeing how innovative this is.

david_a said:
Why are the keys duplicated (or are they)? You guys don't actually have 12 keys in one map, do you? [/B]

The way they are implemented (utilising rotating keys) a cheat can bork them providing the original non-roating keys AND KDiZD ones. There's nothing to worry about really as you'll find only 6 during the game (red,yellow,blue,orange,green,silver). This is to complex the classical "key goose chase" element of gameplay a bit more.

Tormentor667 said:

Well, right now, as long as KDiZD isn't finished, we can't map for other projects...but maybe you could sprite for KDiZD? Your work is impressive, without any doubt!!!

Aren't you guys already using my sprites? o.o I will be posting more sprites soon. I'm taking my Demon Eclipse project and making it a small commuinity thing on the Zdoom forums. But sure, if you have any ideas for mosnters that I can sprite, give me a description. Preferably, it's something that can be edited rather than something completely from scraatch. Being in college as taken a lot of time outta my Dooming experience =( .

Oh yeah. How did you guys get the textures to glow like this? http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8585/doom00155ye.png

Is there a script that lets me set the transparency mode for my textures? Or did you guys make a line special yourself?

Ezxariarch said:

Is there a script that lets me set the transparency mode for my textures? Or did you guys make a line special yourself?

It's the second parameter of the TranslucentLine special. 0 means normal and 1 means additive.

Graf Zahl said:

It's the second parameter of the TranslucentLine special. 0 means normal and 1 means additive.

Exactly, and conc. your sprites: We are using the Nightmare and plan to change a few things on the demon variant for our MaulerDemon monster. But maybe you could help with some other things, concerning our HellWarrior:

One single sprite finished from Vader, but that is it how it is supposed to look later. The head like the lion on those wooden doors and the shield like the eye-sprite.

I agree. That monster is kick-ass, though the shields appear to be different from sprite to sprite...

Graf Zahl said:

Oh dang. I Never new bothered looking for that thing in the editor. I just assumed that the Boom version was the only one. Silly me. Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Tormentor667 said:

Exactly, and conc. your sprites: We are using the Nightmare and plan to change a few things on the demon variant for our MaulerDemon monster. But maybe you could help with some other things, concerning our HellWarrior:

One single sprite finished from Vader, but that is it how it is supposed to look later. The head like the lion on those wooden doors and the shield like the eye-sprite.

Hm...looks simple enough. I see some armor from that fighter in hexen, I think. It looks a lot like the Demonknight that Im working on. It should be easy to convert one to the other once i'm done with the demonknight.

dutch devil said:

I like the green eye shield a bit better, still both looks sweet.

Indeed, the green eye shield looks better, not only because it looks finished, while the skull shield just uses basic grays, but also because the skull design is so cliche :P.

An idea why don't make the shield fire green fireballs from that green eye.
Give it two attacks normal yellow fireballs which he fires from his hands and an more powerfull attack from that shield.
Would look cool I think the whole shield lights up green, it would be an shame to not use that eye shield for something :p

kristus said:

That's a really nice sprite there, the armor and shield work is stellar.

Just wait for the latest new sprites and monsters in KDiZD that Vader has created, they are stunning!

IIRC, I read a thread a couple pages ago about some E1 remake being made none other than dutch devil. May I be as so certain as to ask why did you advertise your project in his thread?

Mivalekan said:

Will there eventually be a Thy Zdoom Consumed? :O

Or maybe even; Zdoom on Earth. :D

With help from more mappers it should be doable.

MasterOfPuppets said:

yeah the hard part of the level creating is already done, all you need is some crazy mofos who can really pack sectors!

You are pretty wrong if you think that is all that had to be done for KDiZD concerning mapping

Tormentor667 said:

img-HellWarrior

Looks like a furry, to be honest. I fail to see the "Doomish resemblance" for shields in general, but it does look nice.

deathz0r said:

Looks like a furry, to be honest. I fail to see the "Doomish resemblance" for shields in general, but it does look nice.

Compare the head to the lion-face on the wooden BIGDOOR and they shield to the EYExx-sprites and you will see, that this is indeed doomish as hell!

Perhaps it could be interpreted as a lion; but I've always seen it as a demonic face surrunded by a rough metal border, as if it were an Imp staring through a teleporter flash, or something like that.

I agree the sprite is well done but it seems more like a Hexen/Disney hybrid than something you'd find in DOOM's E1. Unless the Imp is furry!