Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

The Goriest Death Animation you ever saw in a game...

For just one sprite? The star sentinel from Blake Stone. Unlike many of the other enemies who just die with exit wounds, the Sentinel loses his arm. The fact that his scream isn't so much a scream as a whimper just makes me feel a little pity for the poor guy.

For multiple sprites: Rise of the Triad in "EKG" mode.

The archvile from Doom 2 doesn't exactly die too pleasantly, although in non-sprite games, I would say gutting someone with a shotgun in SoF 1 was pretty gruesome.

Ichor said:

Ludicrous Gibs!

Also, shooting off someone's appendage in GTA3. Low poly, but that's some crazy bloodspray.

I think the Commando from Duke 3D. His endtrails litterally trail out of him. For a 3D game I have to to with cutting some one in half in Postal 2 addon.

Not sure what is name is, but the big green monster in The Halls of the Wretched Pox from Curse of the Catacombs. His name might actually be Pox. After you kill him, he stands there for a second shaking, then his torso starts getting larger, and eventually he explodes, leaving only the legs and pelvis. That and when you shoot a guy in the stomache with a shotgun in soldier of fortune one and two. They grab their intestines as they spill out and try to shove them back in before they collapse.

Well, in Goldeneye for N64, when you would shoot a guy in the crotch, ear, or other parts it would take him quite a while to die. You just sit there and watch, heh.

Edit: post 450

I'd have to say most painful death animation is anything in Half Life 2 involving grenades in a closed space. I've seen some pretty gruesome looking ragdoll action.

Aside from that, anything in Mortal Kombat takes the cake for pure sadism.

RE zombie (original) bites off Kenneth's head. Uncensored version.

gargoylol said:

Mortal Kombat's nothing when compared to Eternal Champions CD (SegaCD).

Goriest fighting game ever... period.

(It's best to drag these links into your address bar)

I heard that game was pretty gory, but I never expected that! :D