Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deadman1206

How can I stop it changing my blue color on Win2000?

The blue color I have for select (like if I highlight something when I go over something in Start menu) changes after I play Doom, how can I stop it happening?

Using zDoom the color still changes and my graphics card (well my computer) can't run jDoom

And I can't use DOSBox because I have a Windows 95 Launcher then I choose the game from there and it starts it into DOS (whatever it uses in Win2k). I can't run the Win95 Launcher on DOSbox btw

So is there any solution to it?

Is your desktop running at 256 colors? That's the only thing I can think that'd be causing it (outside of the graphics card).

deadman1206 said:
And I can't use DOSBox because I have a Windows 95 Launcher then I choose the game from there and it starts it into DOS (whatever it uses in Win2k). I can't run the Win95 Launcher on DOSbox btw

You mean using Doom95?

You don't need DOSBox unless you use Doom or Doom2 (the DOS execultables.)

If ZDoom or Doom95 somehow set the depth to 256 colors it'll look grainier and some graphics related programs will have problems initiating. But if it's just changing the blue color a bit and there are no other visible effects, why not just ignore that slight glitch?