Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

scotland the brave

Almost 40% of 15-year-olds admitted to drinking spirits each week, compared with 1% in Russia and 7% in America.

Surely these are not the 2nd and third places?

"I would advocate a ban [on alcohol advertising] in sport to make drinking less glamorous. There is a large amount of research which shows that alcohol advertising is effective and millions of pounds are being spent on this promotion every year."

I'd have to say that'd be pretty difficult, seeing as alchohol companies have gotten their name out because of it's sheer simplicity. Bud. One syllable, easily remembered. I suggest that alchohol companies make a product less than one syllable, possibly just a hand gesture or grunt.

HEH
But I find it doubtful people drink more there than in Russia. Most statistics mean shit.

yeah, 99% of them are made up on the spot.

About the article - seems about right to me. As for Bud being a short, simple name: around here, that would be pretty irrelevant as it's all Vodka, and various pishy alco-pops that the teenage girls drink. The guys drink them too, and real beer.

And in other news, 99% (me being the one and only exception) of all students at North Central Kansas Technical College drink regularly.

kc32 said:

And in other news, 99% (me being the one and only exception) of all students at North Central Kansas Technical College drink regularly.

I'm an exception too. I find women who drink and brag very unattractive to me. That explains most of my high school love life.

I'm glad I'm from Ireland, the sane Scotland.

TheDarkArchon said:

I've never been drunk and I don't intend to: I find the taste of most alcoholic drinks revolting.

I would have to agree with that. Just the smell of them is enough to drive me nuts.

Got seriously drunk once in my life and I don't intend to repeat that.
I can't clearly think or focus on things I'd like to do when I'm drunk. I can't imagine a more annoying handicap.
Alcohol doesn't taste good for me. A lot of things have a better taste.

Nmn said:

I can't clearly think or focus on things I'd like to do when I'm drunk.

Isn't that the point? I sure as hell don't drink to not get a buzz.

You bunch of girls, drinking makes you more of a man and you know it.

zarkyb said:

I guess that means Scotland has the manliest women (or girls), then.

zarkyb said:

Is that why you guys wear plaid dresses there?

Ouch, I hear the scots don't like their quilts called skirts at all. I reckons you best to be watching your back for the remainder of your days sonny.

baronofhell said:

Ouch, I hear the scots don't like their quilts called skirts at all. I reckons you best to be watching your back for the remainder of your days sonny.

It's funny because it's kilts.

Nmn said:

But I find it doubtful people drink more there than in Russia. Most statistics mean shit.

Hooray stereotypes. Besides, young people in an empoverished country surely have trouble buying hard alcoholic drinks, don't you think? I can assure you kids here don't have the dough to pay anything more complex than beer at night.