Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacKThERiPPeR

HispaJokeWad: Mision en Internet

I sense a bit of Mock 2 credits webpage/do-tims inspiration in the first screenshot, and a more obvious do-tims inspiration in the second. =P

I'm interested in it just for the gameplay.

only if you lack a sense of humor.

I don't see how any OTHER wad would be funny. Inserting impse in anything is old even for surprise/shock value.

If I want to laugh, I'll listen to Louis CK, watch Chappelle's show, South Park or Monty Python...I've rarely ever found humor in video games to be anything approaching funny.

Well, but there's a problem: we the spanish don't actually take as funny Monthy Python, we just take as funny South Park, The Simpsons...
Well, at least it's just for my friends, but if somebody that is hispan takes it as funny, it's ok.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm inspired by do-tims. You see, it has already even the lounge level, but with different language and jokes.

Different language and jokes a good jokewad do not make. Come up with a new premise, and cut down on the pure retardedness, IE, it's already been done.

Comiclez said:

Different language and jokes a good jokewad do not make. Come up with a new premise, and cut down on the pure retardedness, IE, it's already been done.

You see, it's for different colleagues. I just want to make it for a few people.
But well, if the spanish Doom community takes it as funny, ok.

JacKThERiPPeR said:

You see, it's for different colleagues. I just want to make it for a few people.
But well, if the spanish Doom community takes it as funny, ok.

Why make a do-tims rip off for the spanish community when all of the funny stuff in that game is broad enough to be understood by almost anyone? (IE, the AIM noises, the funny music, the level that IS in spanish)

I just always had the impression that if you're not making a wad that everyone could possibly enjoy, it's not worth releasing to everyone.

Hey: don't worry. Everybody can play it, but maybe not understand it. In that case, I'm not just made of jokewads, plus I'm not good at them. Oh sure you'll have enjoyment with my maps, but they're not mainly jokewads. I'll only make them when it comes in my head.
For all you non-hispan people, hope you'll enjoy my serious work. :)

Comiclez said:
I just always had the impression that if you're not making a wad that everyone could possibly enjoy, it's not worth releasing to everyone.

A wad that aims to be fun for everyone is bound to be junk; the foremost drive in making something good will be so that you (and likeminded people, whoever those might be, imaginary or not) will like it. Plus there are Spanish speaking players (from both Spain and Latin America) that barely manage using English.

Nautilus said:

Joke wads are the best wads.

Then you've obviously never played a good wad.

Well what if he has? Just because the wad isn't a serious gaming endevor doesn't mean it can't be the the best type of wad to some people.

Chrono_T said:

Well what if he has? Just because the wad isn't a serious gaming endevor doesn't mean it can't be the the best type of wad to some people.

Jokewads are fun, that's a very true statement, but considering them the best is moot. I hate Doom 3, but I love the engine. I'm not a huge fan of RTC, but I think that the way it was presented was astounding.

Whatever makes the game better is what I consider one of the "best" wads.

So a joke-wad is made to be funny but if it isn't funny it isn't a joke-wad and if it isn't a joke-wad it is a serious-wad and a serious-wad isn't funny. and wen you play a serious-wad and you think it's funny it is really a joke-wad and not a serious-wad because a serious-wad isn't funny and if you think it's funny it's a joke-wad.