Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

Dumping off a map

I may have mentioned in a few threads in the past that I've been trying to take up mapping. Well, I have tried and tried, but I haven't been able to finish a single map yet. I have one (mostly incomplete) map though, in Boom format, that I'm willing to dump here in case anybody is willing to finish it.

http://wildweasel.box43.net/ww-map01.zip

The map is mostly techbase-themed with some cave elements. It has a minimal population of monsters, a couple keys, and some locks in place (as well as a single secret). It is by no means meant to be playable yet however.

If anybody is interested in finishing this map, all I ask is that I be given half the credit for the creation of the map, in addition to credit for the custom texture ("WORDS") included in the wad file.

Weeze, what a great map! I really liked it's domestic scale and not 128 height everywhere. If only DG was slower a bit and ice it with some custom textures, that would turn this into a seriously cool wad. Shame you abandoned it. Real shame.

This was shaping up to be a really cracking map. Good looking, good logic and generally thumbs up. Are you sure you can't finish it? It wouldn't even need to be as big as you obviously had originally planned. The size it is ATM, it would make a good smallish to medium map. You'd just need to iron out a few bugs and give it same actual reason to play (ie things to kill etc).

Really nice map -- I like the unique style and use of nice details, and the map avoids being too linear. You ought to continue working on it.