Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Need help with sprite sheet

Hi, I very like sprites on sprite sheet made by this guy:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=34896

But I have trouble put the sprites on frame in a wad, I know how to edit wad and how to cut picture but I just don't know what size to cut it and the order of positions, wich one is the attack and wich one is the walking and chasing position. Someone could help me please ? I would like to have the shadow imp into a wad.

I have the resource wad up for some of the monsters. Which ones od you need? Ad for copy and pasting, I use Wintex, which is easy to do. Just double click on the entry, and copy and paste that part of the sprite into it, then click exit and select "ok" when it asks if you want to really modify the entry.

There is no fixed size for the sprites - unlike some games which need a 64x64 square or something. Provided your sprite isn't too big for your intended port, just clip the size to the edges of your graphic.

Order in the WAD is not important either. If the graphics are present, and the code to use them is there too, they will be used.

You do need to put sprites in the correct section of a WAD though. They should be between markers. These can be S_START and S_END of SS_START and SS_END.

Sprite naming is important. This may help http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/doomsprites.htm

Also, you will want to offset your sprites so that they show up correctly. An X offset of half the sprite width and a Y offset of the full height of the sprite are a good starting point. Tools such as XWE, DeePSea and (I think) Wintex can do this.

Ezxariarch said:

I have the resource wad up for some of the monsters. Which ones od you need? Ad for copy and pasting, I use Wintex, which is easy to do. Just double click on the entry, and copy and paste that part of the sprite into it, then click exit and select "ok" when it asks if you want to really modify the entry.

Hi Ezxariarch :) I added you in my msn contact, did you get the request ?

I would like to have the shadow imp and the spidermastermind that have railgun under it.

Mewdoom said:

I would like to have the shadow imp and the spidermastermind that have railgun under it.

Yeah i have Ezxariarch on msn contact, i dont think he uses it.

Mewdoom said:

I would use it if I could. The stupid thing wont open for some reason. O_o It';s better to add me to AIM. My AIM SN is VampyricEriance

All the relevant people here have PMs enabled. Please use them, rather than the forums, for private messages. Thanks.