Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jehar

Wiki ++ (College Cooking)

Jehar said:
but this could turn out to be a nice suppository for any of this sort of knowledge.

I think you mean repository.

Oshit... I better hit the Edit button for all the forums I spammed this in... :P

Heh, I wonder if I should bother posting my weird sandwiches. Some of them require red wine vinegar and I dunno if that's affordable to college students.

Danarchy said:

Heh, I wonder if I should bother posting my weird sandwiches. Some of them require red wine vinegar and I dunno if that's affordable to college students.

Vinegar is expensive?

Danarchy said:

My parents bought be some of that before I came to uni, and others might be in the same situation.

My two cents is buy the best pesto you can afford, and the best olive oil.

And lately I've been using rice bran oil for frying a lot of tings in, gives a real nice crisp flavour and is better for you.

Or you can grow a basil plant and buy garlic. Neither is specially hard to do. But I agree on the good olive oil. It's expensive, but totally worth it.

This is a pretty good idea. I mean, you can only live off of frozen hot dogs and hamburgers that your mom makes for you for so long, you know?

W00t! A bit over a week since opening, and the infastructure of the wiki is falling into place. It's still a little threadbare, but this is fleshing out quite quickly, and with remarkable ease.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, we now have a stable home at collegecooking.org! Though nothing more than a purely cosmetic change, it really brings home the idea that this is working, and working well.

Hit the bloody link.

I added some recipes. There, now the page is that much more complete. I'll add more later I hope. I assumed that the tone of articles on there is rather casual so that's what I went with. :P