Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheOx

Test my wad!

Im not sure if this is where i should post this, but i just finished my wad and i want someone to beta test my wad, if you do plz post a screenname so i can send the wad to you. Here some of the specs of this wad

Name: The Infected Tower Lvl 2
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Map 3:MAP01
Works with zdoom

Keep in mind this is my second wad, but i thinks its pretty good :)

Have you checked the map for bugs, cause I did and db found alot of them.
Try not to use too much silver textures, my advice don't upload it spend some more time on it.

Well i have checked it before, and really i havent found any bugs that hinder the game play meaning, no effectless switches no mirror effect, no teleports with no places to go stuff like that. almost all of those "bugs" are not even seen in the wad, and i need silver cause its a sewers level

If you want the sewers look go for the bronze/brown textures, the silver textures look too clean ;)
422 bugs is alot and it will probably chrash on some ports, what port do you use to test your maps.

Some of these bugs are like spyware it doesn't really stop you from using the internet but it's better to remove them as they may cause problems.

I played it up to right after the red key, where a cacodemon got a lucky shot.

Indeed, do mix up the theme a bit, try not to use the same floor texture all over the place, or wall textures, mix things up a bit and experiment. And if you can, lighten up on the switch quests just a tiny bit. Also, make the teleporter out of the yellow key room visible; and fix up some of the teleporters as well, many of them only work from one side.

Overall a good map for a first timer with potential though. Just keep on working on it and you'll get there ;)

MasterOFDeath said:

Overall a good map for a first timer with potential though. Just keep on working on it and you'll get there ;)

Odd.. they said the same about me >_>;

MasterOFDeath said:

and fix up some of the teleporters as well, many of them only work from one side.

They just need to be made WR instead of W1.

Hmm..

Well.. why does weapons go through alot of walls?
and minus some of the teleports man, there was tones!
Also a few bugs that need work.
Besides that..Nice work man

thanks!

though my firend kinda released it...before i could...make changes :(

but im gonna be starting the third level soon and ill use the things you guys said to mold an even better map