Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[name_withheld]

Doom Movie Question

It got canned. DooM would not make a good movie.

Marine:wheres the key? ARG AN IMP! *boom* Oh no, a room full of zombies *boom boom boom boom* Shit, a demon *boom boom* Theres the key! Oh no! The walls opened, revealing evil! *boom boom boom boom boom boom*

you know, I'm sure they would have changed the plot a little to make it more intresting than that.

you know, I'm sure they would have changed the plot a little to make it more intresting than that.

Thats what ruins movies about games.

ruins them? so by adding a more sophistacted plot rather than having a "monster, kill, find key, exit place" sequence of events would ruin a movie about a game?

Aww, come on. They have made good movies out of much more senseless stuff.

The only problem with Doom seems to be that the doomguy is the only living human being. A cinematographic solution would be to devote the main part of the movie to the situation before and immediately after the invasion, when everyone is still alive. Only the last part of the movie would correspond to the game, with doomguy being the only survivor. The audience of course witnesses the whole gradual destruction of the Deimos base. If Hell is in the movie at all, it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

Actually as I think of it, the movie would be pretty much like Aliens.

You take out the interactivity of a game, and even the best game story in the world won't make a good movie. That's how things work.

But half the fun of Deus Ex was the fact that the player (wait, lemme rephrase that...) the PLAYER had a direct and very real impact on the way the story played out. (And which one of the three endings would you want in the movie?)

DooM would not make a good movie.

1. You're starting to sound like a puritan DOOMer
2. That's why I've suggested countless upon countless times that a "TWEAKED" script of the novel should be written. Tweaked as in, make it into a decent script but still keep it based on the novel. I don't want to get into the details of what I mean right now.

Well, for a start, alot of the story in Deus Ex was all optional stuff that you didn't need to know to understand how the story went. The basic story is always the same no matter which way you play through it.
And as for an ending... The one where JC merges with the AI would be the perfect ending. The one where they shut down global communications reminded me too much of Escape From LA (which sucked major ass), and the other one is just a typical Hollywood ending.

A DOOM movie would suck.

God damnit, DOOM3 will be everything you could expect from a good horror/action movie, PLUS interactivity.

The only problem with Doom seems to be that the doomguy is the only living human being. A cinematographic solution would be to devote the main part of the movie to the situation before and immediately after the invasion, when everyone is still alive. Only the last part of the movie would correspond to the game, with doomguy being the only survivor. The audience of course witnesses the whole gradual destruction of the Deimos base. If Hell is in the movie at all, it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

Actually as I think of it, the movie would be pretty much like Aliens.

- Problem: Focus of the game = part were marine is alone, fighting hellspawn.

No matter how you twist and turn the plot, the movie will dissapoint us doomers, as you don't get the sense of identity with the Doomguy that was a vital aspect of the game.

I've been trying to imagine a good Doom movie for a looong time, but I've always reached the conclusion that it won't be good!

And I STILL haven't heard of a game that translated well into a movie. Mortal Combat (the first one) was pretty decent, but I'm sure that hardcore fans of the game were let down severely and it's dead certain that WE will be let down if a Doom movie was ever made!

And I STILL haven't heard of a game that translated well into a movie.

Tomb Raider was OK. Sure, a few discrepencies here and there, but still good none the less. In fact, that's one of the things I'm getting for X-Mas, heh. TITRADIER....I mean.....TOMB RAIDER!!!!!

Tomb Raider was OK. Sure, a few discrepencies here and there, but still good none the less. In fact, that's one of the things I'm getting for X-Mas, heh. TITRADIER....I mean.....TOMB RAIDER!!!!!

I've not only heard that it was lousy, I've also heard that there were too MANY discrepensies in it.
Haven't seen it myself - never was that much of a Tomb Raider fan.

well, when doom3 comes out we'll see whether a movie of it is a good idea or not.

well, when doom3 comes out we'll see whether a movie of it is a good idea or not.

Well a movie still won't have the same feel of identity with the hero as the game, but it *might* turn out to be decent anyway.

No matter how you twist and turn the plot, the movie will dissapoint us doomers, as you don't get the sense of identity with the Doomguy that was a vital aspect of the game.

Don't speak for me. EVER

If they can't make it into a good book, they won't be able to make it a good movie. Of cours I'm just going off what other people have said on this.

But the point is, LotR is the best movie EVER.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

What ever happened to the Doom movie, I read in a video game magazine a couple years ago that one was going to be made. Does anyone know what happened to it?

*holding up Katharyne and a little puppy by the collar in one hand, with a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb detonator in the other hand, finger pushed down on the trigger*
ONE MORE OF THESE POSTS, AND WE ALL DIE!

Don't speak for me. EVER

*Me looks at Ralphis' title.

*Me shakes head.

What ever happened to the Doom movie, I read in a video game magazine a couple years ago that one was going to be made. Does anyone know what happened to it?

*holding up Katharyne and a little puppy by the collar in one hand, with a 50 megaton hydrogen bomb detonator in the other hand, finger pushed down on the trigger*

HEH.

/me saves the hydrogen bomb from the evil clutches of ZZ_TOPPER_X

All I have to say is: REMEMBER WING COMMANDER???

Awesome game series. As great as Doom in it's own way. They made it into a movie.....

Do you want the same thing to happen to Doom?

Ain't worth the risk.

Well fuck the risk I say, Captian Dickless! Who cares? The Doom movie couldn't possibly be worse than Doom 2 so hey, fuckin' a man. =)

DON'T HARASS BBG MOTHERFUCKER HE HAS RIGHTS!

i'm so fuckin stoned i forgot that goddamn line to use it i did i did

All I have to say is: REMEMBER WING COMMANDER???

No.

Well you just helped me make my point =P