Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

Ultimate Doom

For the longest time I have been trying to put together a project of somewhat. My problem is my real life gets in the way for this. I have to come up with a compromise. Right now I am working on my own Episode 1 of Ultimate Doom. Those are rarities these days and I'm an old Doomer from way back. My thoughts are to create maps only using the original textures and flats for Ultimate Doom. Example...E1M1 would only contain the textures and flats from the original E1M1 and so on. That is my plan...I am planning on doing episode 1 on my own so there is continuity, but if anyone would like to do Episode 2, 3, and 4 please feel welcome to contribute.

My rules are this..

All original textures and flats.

All original monsters.

All original weapons.

All original tags and triggers only.

Maps can be as large or as complex as you want. (most people use the source ports)

No errors!

Texture alignments must be perfect!

This is for Ultimate Doom!

I've seen good projects using Ultimate Doom in the past and I've always wanted to contribute to the Ultimate Doom. If you wish to contribute drop me a line or respond to this. No deadline is set at this time.

Cadman

It's great to see you're still kicking in the community, Cadman. But I do recall a time when you said you were done for good. Regardless, glad to see you're still at it. Definetly an old schooler :)

Dittohead said:

It's great to see you're still kicking in the community, Cadman. But I do recall a time when you said you were done for good. Regardless, glad to see you're still at it. Definetly an old schooler :)

Yes, it is good to be back. I had some real life priorities that came first and still do. It's hard to leave a game that you've enjoyed playing over the years. My time with TeamTNT was good as well and I learned alot from all those guys!

Seeing how there are no takers for the other Episodes, then I will continue to work on Episode one and hopefully I can give you the "Doom Community" a good product!

Cadman

I'd be more than just willing to do any one of the other three episodes, preferably Episode 3 since I like it the most. But it's up to you anyway. Am I in?

ellmo said:

I'm willing to participate too.

I have Episode 1 and Sundar has Episode 3, how about Episode 2?

Cadman

Cadman said:

I have Episode 1 and Sundar has Episode 3, how about Episode 2?

Even if it means that it's supposed to fit the original "the Shores of hell" theme, it's fine with me.

I'd like to know the dealine tho'... I may have a few important things to do in near future.