Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The Future of Phobos

great. but what about RTC-3057? i'd like at least SOME news... i know they're working on the remaining 5/6ths of the game, but a little progress report now and then would keep interest going.

What if that isn't the intent right now? Are they required to? I think not. Let's try and keep this about phobos please k?

Dethtoll: I seem to recall you saying this everytime there's news about Phobos. So, what do you think need to get most attention? The mod that already got a lot of intrest invested in it by the community, or the mod that is not doing quite so hot?

Besides, what is the point of making a progress report, you already know what the status is of RTC. You just stated that.

I though there was some breakthrough news about Phobos' chances to hit Mars in the future.

Wouldn't it be better to just note the resolution of the AVI; what's low res to one system is monstrous to another, while the actual res gives a good indication of what to download. Which one should I get?

myk said:

I though there was some breakthrough news about Phobos' chances to hit Mars in the future.

Huh?

Anyway
The one with hi res is 640x480 and the other is about half that.

kristus said:
Huh?

Phobos is meant to crash onto Mars one day.

Anyway
The one with hi res is 640x480 and the other is about half that.

Thanks.

myk said:

Oh my! That would certainly doom Doom's storyline, wouldn't it. :D

myk said:

Phobos is meant to crash onto Mars one day.

Ah, you were reffering to that. Well, you got a good 50 000 years to wait for that to happen.

Is there a non-codec-required version of that video? I have to use the computers at my local library and obviously I'm not allowed to install any software on it.

Unless someone creates a WMV version, or some other type of video that uses a codec found by default on Windows systems, you're out of luck.

A nice video, apart from the music, which sounded like the menu music from a NFS game. The darker, moody sounds from the beginning of the video were great.

TheDarkArchon said:

The same universe as RTC, then. :P

Yes, very much so.

Kristian Ronge said:

A nice video, apart from the music, which sounded like the menu music from a NFS game. The darker, moody sounds from the beginning of the video were great.

You've never played Doom3 have you?

kristus said:
You've never played Doom3 have you?

Of course I have. Is it the same music as in the game? I don't remember it, to be honest -- I generally play games with music turned off, or listen to music I pick myself.

EDIT: Spelling, etc.

If you say so. Obviously it made more of an impact on you that it did on me. The fact that I haven't played Doom 3 since the spring of 2005 might have something to do with it, as well...

Neat video. Too bad it doesn't show any actual in-game material we haven't seen yet. I'd be curious to actually see how some of that "concept art" translates to the game.