Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom'd Marine

Sky box ceiling help ?!?

Well im making the skybox to a level im making, and to see how they made the sky, i looked in the test wad thats in the tutorials and it showed the background in the sky patch for the level, well i got the same patch and its on my skybox, i set the tiles to F_SKY on the ceiling, and it came up with the map14 default map... what did i do wrong?

Which port are you using?

When you say "skybox" do you mean an actual constructed skybox, and unreal-style skybox or just a texture being used as the sky for the level (as per normal Doom)?

Enjay said:

Which port are you using?

When you say "skybox" do you mean an actual constructed skybox, and unreal-style skybox or just a texture being used as the sky for the level (as per normal Doom)?

Zdoom version 2.00.96

and i mean, the constructed skybox, the one you make in an unknown sector and use the thing "skybox viewer " or soething like that

OK, well the view from the skybox camera (thing number 9080) should be used wherever you use F_SKY in the rest of the map. If you are only using a single skybox, you only need to place the camera into your skybox and that's it.

Don't give the camera a tid as that's used when you are using multiple skyboxes. Check the other usual stuff too - is the camera set to appear on all difficulty settings and game types, for example.

Yeah i get that, but when i look up into the sky, it looks up into the default ceiling texture, and thats what im wondering about. what texture ( or trick, either one) would be best to fix this.