Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maffei1

Grudgefest Doom2 Ladder Tournament Opens

Hi everyone.
The Grudgefest Doom2 Ladder Tournament is open and accepting players to enter for competition.

The ladder is simply a linear numeric ranking of players ranked from the top, number one, downward to number two, and so on. The main objective is to climb the ladder as high as you can by competing with other players for higher rungs.

We are mostly playing on the internet using mediums such as zDoom, zDaemon to play and services such as Doom Connector to meet with other players. You can use any method you choose for playing others, such as modem-to-modem, etc.

More information can be found at the Grudgefest site listed below. If you enjoy Doom2 deathmatch and are a fairly dedicated player, come sign up!

Sites:
Grudgefest: http://battle.at/grudgefest
Doom Connector: http://www.xodemultimedia.com/connector/

Sounds nice, but there's no way in hell I'm going to seriously deathmatch over a modem. Just ain't gonna happen.

You LAN junkies.....

Sounds nice, but there's no way in hell I'm going to seriously deathmatch over a modem. Just ain't gonna happen.

Now i've seen people at ping 100-200 owning such ping 20 players at zdaemon, you dont wanna know! I think its just a matter of getting used to it.

You know, the BB code isn't that difficult to learn. =)

You can visit the Grudgefest website here; and you can download the Doom Connector here.

http://www.xodemultimedia1.com/connector? wth? I think you need to edit there, liam

Well, the most popular ladder I've known and I used to join was at doomserv. It was great that Slug was the leader, hosting and arranging the ranking for us every weeks. Too bad that Doomserv has come to termination and sorted out by the coming of Doom connector. It's just sad that seeing the best online port ever where people could actually hang out is ended, and I doubt if there were any people will be joining this ladder. Like last time, since Xoap and Toke have announced their tournament with their new port Opndoom plus their choosen map, pobla8.wad at doomworld and all over other doom places proudly. And guess what, till the end of the day which the tournament was supposed to start, bah no one has even mentioned about it. It was cancelled without telling and the new version of Opndoom which was supposed to be used for the tournament has been postponed to release, till now, still nothing has mentioned related to it. And Xoap is playing Age of Empires II right now, I can tell cuz' he's on my Aim all along but I don't even bother to ask him anymore!

And Xoap is playing Age of Empires II right now, I can tell cuz' he's on my Aim all along but I don't even bother to ask him anymore!

Xoap said to me (on aim) that he'll start working on OPNDoom in the near future (when he finishes making a serpent (instrument) or some other instrument he "invented").

Oh Gn0, I was randomized as #1, I'm gonna get slaughtered. Especially by that axekicker guy, he's quite good, or so I heard...

dammit thought tobester replied in here. i been cheated. that kiddo is a-ok godammit. i like his ghostie fish and i wish he'd say something to me once in a while. i'm lonely. =(

Deathwarrior, that's alright. I don't expect that there will be a lot of activity right arount this time because of holidays anyway. You can join any time you want.

Maffei1

Yes, AxeKicker is pretty good. I wouldn't be too indimitated by what I hear though. :)

oh axe is ok..with his 85 ping around. Doh! I forgot what his old nickname was...and I missed watching Knorton & Urhash playing on zdaemon

well you see, he still plays on zdaemon, but he only sets up his own server for himself and the other friend of his name 'Player' playing 1 on 1 in Classic map1. And almost every time their score is 50 - 4.