Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

The Corrupted Guide to Doom Weapons Creation

Nice job Corrupted Marine. It's not really the method I use (the biggest difference is that I paint on either black or grey background. Cyan is too harsh for eyes ._. ) but I like how it was presented. The format is kinda hmm.. uncomfortable. It'd be better if you just posted the guide on the forums rather than in a doc file.
Good job nevertheless.

Does this also have the first page telling us how good you are and similar ego tripping? hehe :P

Edit: Read it and its not bad actually, but like Nmn said, you could work on the formatting and choose another method of distributing (PDF or HTML is easier accesible by most people).

sorry for the big file, but i didnt really take much time in it, i just typed it all in like 20 minutes... its only version 1.0, im going to update it later, with more in depth methods, and ill post it again as a different text format. maybee that will satisfy... :)

thanks for the kind words everyone...

Scuba Steve said:

A 38 meg Word Document... surely you jest...

38? the download linked above is like 1.5mb...

EDIT: Oh, unzipped...

Well since I looked at the document and saw it could use a bit of sprucing up, I took the liberty of providing version 1.1 of this document. I know the images aren't all cropped perfectly but oh well, I'll leave that for him to do.

Available in pdf and doc format:

http://mancubus.net/files/doom/docs/cm_weapons_creation_1-1.pdf
http://mancubus.net/files/doom/docs/cm_weapons_creation_1-1.doc.zip (doc is about 9mb unzipped, did some cleaning/cropping of images)

Okay, I understand this is a very simple and basic guide, but could you extend this version to something for extra newbs? where to find the neccesary tools? How to determine layers/masks? What amounts you type and where?
You see, the most advanced graphic editor I've used so far was MS-Paint. Seriously.

I have installed PSP X especially for purpose of learning how to do simple game graphics.

ellmo said:

Okay, I understand this is a very simple and basic guide, but could you extend this version to something for extra newbs? where to find the neccesary tools? How to determine layers/masks? What amounts you type and where?
You see, the most advanced graphic editor I've used so far was MS-Paint. Seriously.

I have installed PSP X especially for purpose of learning how to do simple game graphics.

yeah, but isnt that what the PSP HELP FILE is for???

but, as the different version continue to be released, i will include some easier steps and tools to use. etc.

but, for the time being, i would recommend using the PSP help file to find the questions you are seeking...

on a further note, i am very happy to see that there are people using this guide.

Mancubus II said:

38? the download linked above is like 1.5mb...

EDIT: Oh, unzipped...

Well since I looked at the document and saw it could use a bit of sprucing up, I took the liberty of providing version 1.1 of this document. I know the images aren't all cropped perfectly but oh well, I'll leave that for him to do.

Available in pdf and doc format:

http://mancubus.net/files/doom/docs/cm_weapons_creation_1-1.pdf
http://mancubus.net/files/doom/docs/cm_weapons_creation_1-1.doc.zip (doc is about 9mb unzipped, did some cleaning/cropping of images)

i absolutely love what you have done with this! thanks for helping!

Anything that can help people create their OWN weapons instead of continously using the same sprite rips over and over again can only be a GOOD thing.

Edit: Whoops posted right when I did.

You're welcome! (P.S. check your PMs)

Corrupted Marine said:

but, as the different version continue to be released, i will include some easier steps and tools to use. etc.

Exactly what I asked, thanks.

As for now I'll play around with Doom sprites... so I'm going back to my Steam Demon.

This is pretty good, ill try it on macromedia fireworks...

Hope it works, it is layer based with a magic wand...

- sausage -