Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veddge

Musicians

I'm curious how many people on this board are members of a band? Vocals, guitar, drums... accordion? The closest I've come is tromebone in school :P If anyone is, do they have any of their music available for download and listening pleasure?

I suppose too, if you're not part of a band you could still be a musician so you could share that as well :)

I usually consider myself a musician, though more on the hobby side than anything. In terms of bands, I have a one-person band (hopefully more someday) called Partition 36 which focuses on a mix of futurepop, industrial, trance, techno, classical, and visual kei. I can play keyboard instruments decently enough, and used to be pretty good at the clarinet, but my main focus these days is on composition.

My music is located at http://www.du.edu/~ahunt/music ,but that hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't reflect my current attempts as of late. I also have a blog dedicated to my musical adventures at http://partition36.blogspot.com

If I happen to upload anything new in the next day or so, I'll slap a link in this thread.

I've been playing Trumpet since 6th grade (I'm a college freshman now) and I'm currently getting a BA in Trumpet Teaching with the University of Texas Music Dept.
Right now I'm in the Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, and Trumpet Ensemble. I hope to afterwards get a Trumpet Performance Master's degree at like North Texas or another college;
then I want to be a professional trumpet player: whether I'm a private tutor, in a city Symphony Band or Philaharmonic; military band is an option too.

I'm starting music with MODPlug Tracker with two crappy songs so far on my site (check the sig), but check often when I finish new ones in the future.

I'm working on it.

In years past, I would record jam sessions/brainstorms with friends.

In current days, it's become obvious that nobody has any level of dedication whatsoever to projects that take any amount of effort, so I sit around with my drumkits, keyboards, computer programs and recording equipment, trying to piece together the best-of from my old jams and adding some new stuff as well.

I haven't done much the last two or three years because I was trying to sell my Korg Trinity so I could get a better/PC-compatible keyboard, but nobody would pay what it's worth so I couldn't get a new one. Then I found out it actually did work, after which I planned to go on a killing spree, but never got around to it.

This year, I'm just going ahead with a few projects anyway. I don't start anything I can't finish on my own, though I do leave room open for input of others if the chance ever arises.

Long time past...

Been in a few bands. Started off with the drums (still have a set of "flats" I mess with when I'm bored, but which spend most of their time tucked away somewhere). However, I got fed up being at the back, so moved to being chief attention-whore (vocals). Early bands were punk, but moved on to a more, I dunno, I suppose late new-wave / early pre-britpop kind of sound with my last band. All that was many years ago though. Nothing much in recent years, other than helping out a local pub band a couple of times. Illness over the last 3 years has managed to screw my voice to the point that anything more than 2 songs and my larynx simply gives up. :/

GMan said:

I also did my own music for Vile Flesh, which can be downloaded from the Leviatron site as a MIDI set.

Of which I am a fan, maybe I can sweet talk you into doing the soundtrack for my megawad...? ;)

Let's see...

In elementary school, I picked up oboe. That quickly went nowhere, as I discovered you need lungs of steel to play the damn thing. Since I was 4, I'd been teaching myself piano. I haven't touched one in nearly 5 years.

I also have a guitar, I'm pretty good at bass, and just learning drums. I've been in a few bands-- or rather, had plenty of opportunities to make music with friends. Some were electronica, some pop, some rap/hiphop, and recently I'm hooking up with some people to expand on previous projects. It's turning out to be a cross-genre thing. I was in a cover band for a short time, which ended over arguments about (lack of) money, and people getting punched in the ear.

I've written plenty of songs for solo guitar or piano, as well as a plethora of MIDI songs... all of which are floating out there in the form of demo tapes at the bottom of friends' closets.

I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years. In highschool I played saxophone for 3 years.

I got to borrow a MIDI keyboard from a friend about 2 weeks ago, so I'm increasing my piano skillz.

In the summer I plan on getting together with a friend and composing some songs. Hopefully we will get a chance to perform somewhere.

I took piano lessions from kindergarten to 5th grade. In 4th I did alto sax and retook it up in 6th and am still doing it (11th). I also have been teaching myself guitar and teaching myself some piano (but actual songs, not alfred and suzuki crap like i did for 6 years it seems like). I also try to compose stuff, in fact I'm working on a trance thing right now [props to DJ Haruko.. he knows why :)]. So yeah, I like music :P

Use3D said:

... maybe I can sweet talk you into doing the soundtrack for my megawad...? ;)

Quite possibly:-) I haven't had much of a chance to do my own stuff recently. Time permitting, I'd certainly be interested. Let me know where I can check your megawad out.

I played the clarinet back in 5th grade for about a year. Then I made the mistake of switching to an alto sax in 6th grade. It lasted only from the beginning of school until a couple of days after winter break. Since I had decent skills with the clarinet, I could play the alto sax ok, but I just didn't have as much interest with it.

I've been fooling around with a MIDI keyboard off and on since I was 8 years old. I started MIDI composing and sequencing (without the use of a MIDI keyboard) somewhere between 2002 and 2003. Today, I use a Yamaha XG synth, and I'm still doing it but not as much as I used to due to a persistent composer's/sequencer's block as well as college stuff. As for what I attempt to compose, it usually turns into a drum n' bass or some other electronic genre. Unfortunately, I get to around 8 or 16 measures, my ideas for it go out the window, and I end up starting a new one. I have around 9 of these now.

I'll stop there.

I HAVE DRUMS!!#@#!@#

...covered in the garage...I do have some recordings but they sux.

I have 979 midi files in e:/music/, 8.64 MB in total

I also play guitar but I haven't recorded much of that (there's one rather crappy file on my website).

[W4GH4X] said:
I play bass and I´m currently studying doble-bass. =)

What is double-bass? I've heard that term before along with triple-bass and have no idea what that actually is..

I've been playing Solo Jazz Piano for about 10 years, I can also play almost any song I hear (including doom music).